*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Caporegime
Alien Isolation was a bit weird. I didn't check my library to see if I still had the licence as the box showed "Get" again instead of "Owned" when I checked this morning, having read about it. I suppose it was the only way Epic could grant the DLC to existing owners.

But thanks to the person with the heads-up about the DLC or I would have missed it. (Even though I already have the whole lot on Steam, it's always nice to have an alternative source.)

Last edited:
Soldato
Alien Isolation was a bit weird. I didn't check my library to see if I still had the licence as the box showed "Get" again instead of "Owned" when I checked this morning, having read about it. I suppose it was the only way Epic could grant the DLC to existing owners.

But thanks to the person with the heads-up about the DLC or I would have missed it. (Even though I already have the whole lot on Steam, it's always nice to have an alternative source.)

Isn't this the game that had terrible A.I at launch and then they later found out this was due to a spelling mistake in the code?

Soldato
No, that was Alien Colonial Marines. Definitely not to be confused - like comparing driving a Ferrari with an enforced acid colonic irrigation. :cry:

Alien Colonic Marines. It needed more than a spelling mistake to fix that game. (which was tether spelt tethar)

This guy did a mod to fix it after 2 months he still had not fixed it all. Thing is its still £24.99 on Steam ! Think I managed to get it for 99p. That below was 2016. Think I played it in 2018/2019 and I got about 2 minutes in then gave up it was that bad. Remember got stuck on a section as the doors would not open.

I have now been modding the game for 2 months and I am up to version 4 of my mod at this time.
I've fixed a lot of the graphical issues with how the game was configured, removed Console related restrictions, and set things to match todays computers (this is an Unreal game). I've also spent time with some of the cooler set-pieces to make them even cooler.

Associate

It's worth noting that
  • the game is f2p
  • you have to install + run + login to claim the freebie
    Collect your $100 value add-on for free! Install and log in to Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms between 4/29 at 11AM Eastern and 5/6 at 11AM Eastern to unlock the Epic Champions of Renown in-game! This limited-time offer is available to all new and existing players on the Epic Games Store.

Back
Top Bottom