What TV shows are you currently watching

Man of Honour
I do need to give that another go, I watched the first episode and found it very 'kiddy' but apparently it gets better. I'm not generally an anime fan but I do make an exception for the really great ones and that is meant to be one of the best.
You’ll have to accept that it’s going to lack some of the adult themes of ‘adult’ shows and appreciate it as a light, rounded show for ‘everyone’. In that sense, I think it excels and it has surpassed my expectations.

I also think that humour that is universally funny (without having to resort to pop-culture, laughing at others or being shocking/rude) is actually the ‘best’ form of humour. I won’t say that it’s life changingly funny, but it is surprisingly so (at least for me).

Caporegime
You’ll have to accept that it’s going to lack some of the adult themes of ‘adult’ shows and appreciate it as a light, rounded show for ‘everyone’. In that sense, I think it excels and it has surpassed my expectations.

I also think that humour that is universally funny (without having to resort to pop-culture, laughing at others or being shocking/rude) is actually the ‘best’ form of humour. I won’t say that it’s life changingly funny, but it is surprisingly so (at least for me).
My cabbages!

Soldato
Finished S3 of Marcella last night. It goes into a different type of show for S3 I feel, which seems a little odd? Moves from police drama, almost to psychological thriller in some ways? Didn't really enjoy S3 as mush as S1 and S2, perhaps because of this.

Also didn't like they showed a massive spoiler to the final moments of drama, right at the beginning?! Why did they do that? When Marcella was being chased, we kind of knew what would happen?!

Rewatching Succession. Compellingly brilliant 10/10

Don't think I've heard of this, but has some good actors in and is rated very highly, so is on my list now :) Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
After playing ghost of tshunima I watched age of samurai on netflix was quite Interesting, Also Just finished the first season of Marco Polo which I find pretty dood as well. Start season 2 today.

On sky I started watching viewpoint with the wife, it has noel Clark in it so I didn't think it was going to be any good but he's no where near as over the top in it.

Soldato
I agree S2 of Discovery of Witches was a struggle to get into at first.

I've finally started watching Line of Duty. only half way though season 2 but have to admit I have a bit of a soft spot for DS Arnott. Can't put my finger on why, I just do :o :D

Started The Irregulars a couple of weeks ago, enjoyed the first episode but didn't grab my attention enough to immediately want to binge watch it. I have however started also watching Mare of East town and so far, so good. if all the episodes were available I definitely would have binged it all by now.

Soldato
@AndyCr15 once again, echoing my thoughts - "get out of my mind" :D

The tonal shift for S3 wasn't exactly bad but it didn't match what we'd already seen and I frankly wanted to see some fallout from the big reveal at the end of S2. I still want to see her meet a bad end but that's a combination of Friel and character dislike.

Permabanned
I agree S2 of Discovery of Witches was a struggle to get into at first.

I've finally started watching Line of Duty. only half way though season 2 but have to admit I have a bit of a soft spot for DS Arnott. Can't put my finger on why, I just do :o :D

Started The Irregulars a couple of weeks ago, enjoyed the first episode but didn't grab my attention enough to immediately want to binge watch it. I have however started also watching Mare of East town and so far, so good. if all the episodes were available I definitely would have binged it all by now.

Well get the movie Red Road (Scottish movie) if you like him.

Soldato
ynE3GqP.jpg

Ok, now I've got your attention with the rather delightful Audrey Fleurot, I'm just starting season 3 of 'Spiral'. It's a French "Wire-a-like" police drama, but if you coped with the subtitles in Gomorrah you'll fit right in. It's not Gomorrah, The Wire or The Shield, but there are elements of all of them. It took me a while to settle into the first series while they were establishing the characters, but I made it through and season two was much more one-more-episodeable... 8/10. Or 14/10 if you're an old, unreconstructed cancellable perv who likes redheads.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0072wlb/episodes/guide

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok, now I've got your attention with the rather delightful Audrey Fleurot, I'm just starting season 3 of 'Spiral'. It's a French "Wire-a-like" police drama, but if you coped with the subtitles in Gomorrah you'll fit right in. It's not Gomorrah, The Wire or The Shield, but there are elements of all of them. It took me a while to settle into the first series while they were establishing the characters, but I made it through and season two was much more one-more-episodeable... 8/10. Or 14/10 if you're an old, unreconstructed cancellable perv who likes redheads.
you mean women with red hair ? but yes it's very good, definitely an equal opportunities police force,
checkout spin and braquo too .. next on my watch list the bureau a french security service series

Back
Top Bottom