Poll: *** The official AirTag thread (it comes in packs of four and everything!) ***

Are you going to buy AirTags?

• Yes, I'll get one

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Yes, I'll get a pack of four

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 35.3%

• Total voters
Associate
Anyone got a suggestion for a decent keyring that will ship within a day or so? Ordered one off eBay which was supposed to be here by now, and struggling to find anything on Amazon. Nothing on Spigen's site that suggests speedy delivery...

Soldato
Picked mines up at the apple store today. The Belkin keyrings seem to be out of stock everywhere but the secure holder with strap seems to be the exact same but with cord instead of a keyring attachment.

Got a couple of them so i can put them on the kids

Associate
No need for these guys, don't forget that your COVID jabs have trackers in them. :D

Picked up a pack of 4 from Apple this morning, have now retired my battered Tiles which needed replacing anyway. Seem decent so far, the enormous network of devices they can be found with was enough justification alone for me to replace my Tiles.

Soldato
My AirTag and Belkin key ring just arrived. Ugh, the Belkin keyring is awful for the price. It's very cheap plastic. I assumed the holes would be covered in some way - the sides of the Airtag are going to get scratched to shreds on my key ring. It looks like all of the keyrings are open. Looking forward to someone making a similar version of the Belkin holder.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I picked up one on launch (delivery today w00t!) with a view to get more.

Wife isn't interested in having them and couldn't justify a 4 pack. Looking forward to messing with it later :)

Associate
My AirTag and Belkin key ring just arrived. Ugh, the Belkin keyring is awful for the price. It's very cheap plastic. I assumed the holes would be covered in some way - the sides of the Airtag are going to get scratched to shreds on my key ring. It looks like all of the keyrings are open. Looking forward to someone making a similar version of the Belkin holder.

I've got the Belkin holder and I'm struggling to understand the problem with it? Unless I'm missing something.

Associate
I have just cut out some circles of clear fablon to protect mine, but if its going in a keychain holder put some cling film around the airtag before you insert it, I am sure that would work too ;)

Cheers all

Commissario
OP
Mine are here, the cheap plastic Belkin case works better on my keys than the nice Apple leather one due to the angle the ring is. If it was 90° offset then it’d be better so I’m giving that holder to my wife.

Associate
Anyone got a suggestion for a decent keyring that will ship within a day or so? Ordered one off eBay which was supposed to be here by now, and struggling to find anything on Amazon. Nothing on Spigen's site that suggests speedy delivery...

Do you have a 3d printer or know someone who has got one ? There are already stl files for Airtag holders and mounts available on Thingiverse, plus the files are free.

Hope this helps.

Cheers all

Associate
Do you have a 3d printer or know someone who has got one ? There are already stl files for Airtag holders and mounts available on Thingiverse, plus the files are free.

Hope this helps.

Cheers all

Somehow I still don't know anyone with one! I really need to 3D print an old keyboard's keys as well...

Back
Top Bottom