Just want to make a positive post about oc customer service!

Associate
So last night after a drunken gaming session I ordered a 5900x to replace my 3600 as I won't be updating my system till the new DDR has matured for some time(and I don't have to buy a new motherboard or ram). This was minutes before 12, this morning I see the price had come down by £80, so I asked if it was possible to pay the new price as minutes later was probably when the price changed (I'm guessing). Minutes later I receive an email and a reply notifying me of a part refund for the difference. We all know oc are a business to make money and I've seen a lot of posts recently slagging them off about pricing during these times. In response I just wanted to make this post about my experience and the quality of service you don't see elsewhere! I know I could have cancelled and reordered, but this is something I wouldn't do to a business unless the were a well known tax dodging place out of principle. Anyways, that's my two cents.

Associate
Makes total sense to refund you the difference. It's not worth the risk of them not doing so, you cancel your order then re-order at the new price, or potentially even order from a competitor. Less messing about for everyone concerned.

Commissario
It's not worth the risk of them not doing so, you cancel your order then re-order at the new price, or potentially even order from a competitor. Less messing about for everyone concerned.
I bought an electric screwdriver from Amazon, the following day the price dropped quite substantially (I had checked camelcamelcamel when I bought it) so I contacted them to cheekily ask whether they'd refund me the difference. They said no and actually suggested I return it and re-buy it so I did just that. The agent even set up the return for me while I was talking to him.

Associate
I bought an electric screwdriver from Amazon, the following day the price dropped quite substantially (I had checked camelcamelcamel when I bought it) so I contacted them to cheekily ask whether they'd refund me the difference. They said no and actually suggested I return it and re-buy it so I did just that. The agent even set up the return for me while I was talking to him.

My brain doesn't work quite as well as it used to, but I'm struggling to work out why they'd make you do that.

Commissario
My brain doesn't work quite as well as it used to, but I'm struggling to work out why they'd make you do that.
I generally don't look at whether items are sold by Amazon or just fulfilled by them but I'd take a guess and say this was just fulfilled by them so they don't really care. The cost of the return would have been picked up by the actual seller.

As I said, it was a cheeky question for me to ask in the first place.

To @The Artfull Bodger - Good job, pleased they were able to help you.

Back
Top Bottom