• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Permabanned
Close, its a slightly down-clocked Zen 2 3700x CPU and 20CU RDNA2 gpu, (50% of a 6700xt basically) running at a lower clock rate. Not bad for £250

But it plays far less games than a PC would / no mods for games and has less exclusives than a Playstation and no VR either.

Soldato
No current GPU in my rig so haven't gamed for what seems like years. I'm not after a high tier card but I'm not paying silly prices at any level, so it can sit there turned off doing nothing until something comes along.

Soldato
I get that, But you can enable 3D SBS through enbseries or the latest similar software for any game.

Crysis 3 can still be played in 3D via SBS in the menu with 3D TV.

Really?? Can you talk me through this.

I am moreso talking 3D Bluray ISO films I have.

I'm a big 3D fan so would love to be able to do this. I have an Epson 9300 as my 3D device.

Associate
My 2-in-1 Asus (UX560UQ, practically irreplaceable, came with a free subwoofer; it's awesome) was failing in October 2020 so I started looking into my first custom PC, centering around portability and USB-C touchscreen monitors (since I don't know any way of making a custom 2-in-1 laptop, and I like to be able to move around to get a new scenery instead of staring at the same wall, but I don't take my laptop out of the house) and still no dice getting a CPU/GPU. Now hearing how it's going to be until 2022 H2 when we can see GPU stock, and reading how some others in here are taking a step back and re-evaluating, I think getting a GX1 Pro (which atm thought was a bit overpriced but further research showed that it's actually priced fairly and embarrassingly has the same or better port selection than current 2-in-1's) is a good idea. I never played many games and I've been blissfully ignorant on how apparently "low spec" my 940mx is. I also wanted to get into Blender and architectural visualisation, but I shouldn't be acting like I'm already a professional who's livelihood depends on getting a 6800(xt) just to be able to complete the donut tutorial.

I feel part of the desire of getting high end components was 20% to do with fulfilling my childhood dreams of getting a super powerful PC when I became an adult, 50% to get out of laptops that seem to consistently fail after 3 years of use, and 30% having something tailor made and custom instead of another ITX in an NR200P box. But with these stock issues projected till AM5 and beyond, I'd rather have something that I'd likely outgrow in 2 years than stagnation for 2 years. I can at least get my original goal of a custom 2-in-1 laptop as the GX1 Pro is probably small enough for a "Laptop In Laptop" dock with custom low profile mechanical keys in a split keyboard layout. I'd imagine it'll look and work like the Asus Pro Duo.

Permabanned

I'm a big 3D fan so would love to be able to do this. I have an Epson 9300 as my 3D device.

I'm a big 3D fan too ;)

To play any Game in 3D, only tested with 3D capable tv
  • Download Reshade 4.9 and then apply it to your game.
  • Select Depth 3D by BlueSkyDefender as the effect package.
  • In game, in the Reshade menu, Select the 3D SBS options which will put your screen into SBS.
  • Set your TV to 3D mode

ljt

ljt

Soldato
But it plays far less games than a PC would / no mods for games and has less exclusives than a Playstation and no VR either.

It's £250 what do you expect? Give me an example of a gaming capable PC for £250 that can do the same as a Series S.

Stick game pass on it and you'll have years worth of games to keep you busy waiting out the GPU drought

Stu

Stu

Soldato

You want to play 3D movies from a Blu-ray rip on an Epson 9300 projector? The 3D film will be in H-SBS, and the projector will do the fancy stuff overlapping the images... I don't understand the issue?

Soldato
You want to play 3D movies from a Blu-ray rip on an Epson 9300 projector? The 3D film will be in H-SBS, and the projector will do the fancy stuff overlapping the images... I don't understand the issue?

I want to play 3D films in full-bitrate 3D MVC.

Not H-SBS. I run a 160'' projector screen, I need 100% of the full fidelity PQ. MVC playback does not involve SBS/overlapping images lol.

Soldato
I'm a big 3D fan too ;)

To play any Game in 3D, only tested with 3D capable tv
  • Download Reshade 4.9 and then apply it to your game.
  • Select Depth 3D by BlueSkyDefender as the effect package.
  • In game, in the Reshade menu, Select the 3D SBS options which will put your screen into SBS.
  • Set your TV to 3D mode
I don't see an option on the Epson 9300 to force 3D mode :(

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Found a 3080 FTW for £1650. Too bad it was EVGA, just about all RMA are nightmares because of brexit.

ok il bite, how exactly has brexit screwed up RMA's ? all you are doing is sending a box through customs thats already had all taxes paid on it so it is technically just a box, not like you are buying a gpu which requires taxes and import duty on it.

Soldato
ok il bite, how exactly has brexit screwed up RMA's ? all you are doing is sending a box through customs thats already had all taxes paid on it so it is technically just a box, not like you are buying a gpu which requires taxes and import duty on it.
Just what I have read on the EVGA forums.

Soldato
by someone from evga or some random idiot stating facts. also did they say just brexit or give actually reasons behind it.
In all likelihood it was probably not writing down correct values on the form. However, he/she did state parcelforce were asking for a £150 fee on return.

Back
Top Bottom