People complaining about paying for their own care again = massive entitlement

Soldato
No they don't.

They pay for the care of people currently being cared for.

The idea that the enormous Boomer generation, the largest voting block in history it seems relevant to mention, who had barely anyone old to pay for during their working lives, who had the greatest social mobility the country has seen, who swallowed up the housing market to deny it to those following.... To now have that vampiric generation looking to once more leech the blood of the young to maintain their advantages.... It's shocking.

**** this government, and the opposition who have now equally abandoned the young.
Cry me river you benefitting from their hard to work.

Surely boomers deserve some reward for voting for Brexit?
Maybe grow up some more and stop calli g people names. Your parents must be proud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Cry me river you benefitting from their hard to work.

Their hard work? This working generation is the first generation that works longer hours than the previous.

What have the previous generation left us? A dying planet, nationalism on the rise, isolationism, de-nationalisation of key industries, pay rises below inflation, erosion of workers rights, expensive higher education, unaffordable houses/no council housing?

Those retired now benefitted massively (and selfishly) from the Thatcherite years - they had their votes bought without any thought of those that came after them.

Soldato
Maybe grow up some more and stop calli g people names. Your parents must be proud.

You must be super sensitive to be triggered by a widely used, factual and perfectly acceptable term such as baby boomers. I wonder what interesting terms a search of your post history would reveal?

Associate
Their hard work? This working generation is the first generation that works longer hours than the previous.

What have the previous generation left us? A dying planet, nationalism on the rise, isolationism, de-nationalisation of key industries, pay rises below inflation, erosion of workers rights, expensive higher education, unaffordable houses/no council housing?

Those retired now benefited massively (and selfishly) from the Thatcherite years - they had their votes bought without any thought of those that came after them.

No, your government did that. I'm assuming your mother and father are part of the selfish generation ?.

Please, yet another its their fault we are in this mess.
Ive worked 12 hour shifts since leaving school in 91, Ive worked in some real poorly paid jobs, some jobs that would make you throw up. Ive put myself through college and a university education of which I had to pay for myself as I went along. I struggled at times in the 90`s and 00`s. Grafted, worked hard and lost quite a few people on the way through illness etc. I'm on a good wage now and look back and think how lucky I am to be alive to achieve what I have achieved in my 47 years of existence on this planet.

Do I blame anyone else, NO.

Man of Honour
No, your government did that. I'm assuming your mother and father are part of the selfish generation ?.

Ive worked 12 hour shifts since leaving school in 91, Ive worked in some real poorly paid jobs, some jobs that would make you throw up. Ive put myself through college and a university education of which I had to pay for myself as I went along. I struggled at times in the 90`s and 00`s. Grafted, worked hard and lost quite a few people on the way through illness etc. I'm on a good wage now and look back and think how lucky I am to be alive to achieve what I have achieved in my 47 years of existence on this planet.

But you likely won't have seen anything like the return on that someone 1-2 or so generations before you would have. That in itself isn't so much the problem but when you get to a point where what you get isn't what most people would consider to be commensurate with a "normal" life, with a knock on effect at the bottom of the scale, it becomes a problem.

Soldato
I think amiga is not exactly representative. A couple or three years back he was calling himself retired in his thirties. That is until he took himself back to college for life. Something about a big redundancy payout wasn't it, Hewlett Packard maybe?
Anyway he funds a reasonable lifestyle with holidays and cars. So nobody needs to feel sorry for what has been left to him as he struggles to live on it.

Yes I have done my 45+ years at work and now have a reasonable but not large pension. 95% of the boomers that you believe have ****** up your lives had nothing to do with it. No large houses, foreign holidays etc. They just got on with working for a living and supporting their families. The very few that did are maybe culpable but they are found in each generation, there are more buy to let landlords in their 40's and 50's or younger than there are from the boomer generation in their late 60's or older.

Soldato
In my wife's culture family's tend to care for elderly relatives themselves that's why you rarely see Chinese people in care homes.

Associate
But you likely won't have seen anything like the return on that someone 1-2 or so generations before you would have. That in itself isn't so much the problem but when you get to a point where what you get isn't what most people would consider to be commensurate with a "normal" life, with a knock on effect at the bottom of the scale, it becomes a problem.

True. But there will have to be a change at the top, too many people in power at the moment are in for it themselves. Greed feeds greed, we see that everyday, every walk of life. I pay my taxes, I vote every time. I have voted every time I have been of age to do so, did anything, any of it change. No. We unfortunately live in a society where some people believe they are owed something through not doing much and there should be a de-layering of wealth where those very well off people should subsidise those that sit around. The system should be even through-out, you earn a wage, you pay the appropriate tax and contributions. I'm sick to the back teeth of people having a self righteousness that they deserve something. We basically need the system shook up where upon we all get a descent wage when we work, a system where tax avoidance is stigmatised and punished. Some government with b***s that does right for the people of this country and helps those in desperate need and that includes taking care of the elderly if need be in care homes.

In my wife's culture family's tend to care for elderly relatives themselves that's why you rarely see Chinese people in care homes.

Brilliant, this should be commended.

Soldato

Selfish, i deserve it all generation, mostly unwilling to accept life just isn't like that.

Feel sorry for them

Who cares want went before sort your own life out instead of looking for someone to blame

You must be super sensitive to be triggered by a widely used, factual and perfectly acceptable term such as baby boomers. I wonder what interesting terms a search of your post history would reveal?
Ha, some pretty crappy posts so what?
Ad hominem

Those retired now benefitted massively (and selfishly) from the Thatcherite years - they had their votes bought without any thought of those that came after them.
Wokers rights are a darn site higher than 50 years ago as are living standards and life expectancy m

Man of Honour
Who cares want went before sort your own life out instead of looking for someone to blame

My life is fine thank you - for many it is a very different story. Unlike many it seems I don't just comment out of my own personal circumstances.

Soldato
My life is fine thank you - for many it is a very different story. Unlike many it seems I don't just comment out of my own personal circumstances.
Everyone has ownership of their own reality, don't like it? Make a change no one will do it for you

Soldato
Yes I have done my 45+ years at work and now have a reasonable but not large pension. 95% of the boomers that you believe have ****** up your lives had nothing to do with it. No large houses, foreign holidays etc. They just got on with working for a living and supporting their families. The very few that did are maybe culpable but they are found in each generation, there are more buy to let landlords in their 40's and 50's or younger than there are from the boomer generation in their late 60's or older.
The point isn't that a whole generation was knowingly robbing wealth from following generations. Everyone generally just does what they can to get by.

The point is that the Boomer generation did that and got a much bigger reward than the generations that followed. And now, with the youngest of the workforce having the worst prospects for work and of supporting a normal standard of family life since the war, the Boomer generation is going for one last land grab: wealthy Boomers getting free elderly care so that they can take their riches to the grave. A further tax on the blood and sweat of the young.

This policy should be held in utter contempt by anyone with any interest in meritocracy or fairness.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Young peoples lives are there own base on their choices.

So high house prices and high university fees (to name just two issues young people face) are based on the decisions young people make?

Back
Top Bottom