***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
Space shuttle.

I went to blue water today for R2, but I got to blue water just after 10 and got into the Lego shop just before 11.30.

I was going to not bother but tatooine wasn’t showing as GWP online so persevered and when I got to the door they said they also had MBoM for £75 HP spend, so also got The burrows instead of Vader.

3 Polybags, Tatooine, MBoM for 2 purchases.

the number of people with Lego bags in blue water was quite cool.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I got an R2 from Brighton today, had at least 5 left on the shelves at about midday. Got the free stuff plus a Death Star Battle 2 as they had left from last year, not too shabby!

Caporegime
Not interested in r2.
Actually I've not been interested in any of the star wars sets for last year or so. Not really sure why.

I know with the SSD the all grey look just isn't good as a display piece.
The falcon looks great, the old imperial shuttle looks great.
But others. Just not into them

Caporegime
They need a new franchise. LOTR would be good.

Yeah I agree.
I'm not sure what would float my boat as well as being good as lego models.

I love star trek. But the ships wouldn't make good models.

I think if anything, bigger space sets would be cool. I really like the ISS model. But if it was 'ucs' grade it would be awesome

Another thing, can't really fit much more in the house. So I'm picker on sets

I've actually started to like the look of some alterative to lego brands. There are. Some. Stand out models!

Last edited:
Soldato
Star wars has slowly getting more and more 'adult' over the last few years but I guess that comes with how the franchise is evolving over time. It's fans are getting older and kids aren't really into it these days. Harry Potter seems to be still going very strong too which is surprising but again, more and more adult sets.

I didn't get R2 as I have the previous version but I did get the probe droid and the scout helmet. Interestingly R2 is on backorder by about mid-day today so it must be fairly popular still.

Soldato
LOTR isn’t really viable in 2021, I know there is a TV series coming but it just don’t have the wider commercial appeal of Marvel, Harry Potter and Star Wars.

Mass effect just isn’t mainstream at all and I think another brick company had/has the licence for Star Trek.

Back
Top Bottom