Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Missed it! :( I was about to wonder aloud whether anyone had youtube-dl'd them, but one of the commenters says he has. He does, however, neglect to supply a link to them.

I fell into the ‘Oh something to watch tonight’ trap. I assume someone will put them up sooner or later.

Soldato
My 350mbit connection is usually fine, however I have been experiencing major quality drops with nowTV and BT sport recently - as have my partner's parents (didsbury and stockport).

Speedtests/latency seems fine though, perhaps a peering issue?

Soldato
Ordered the basic TV package on top of my 200Mbps yesterday and today despite the contract saying 200Mbps they downgraded me to 100Mbps cheers Virgin!

Edit: 53 mins on the phone including waiting on hold again to get answers that the rep asked apparently they temp downgraded me to 100Mbps due to the TV upgrade which is coming, he went something to do with coding and engineers etc.

Well I said where is the information stating that then I wouldnt have to phone! the chap agreed with me but its not his department.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ordered the basic TV package on top of my 200Mbps yesterday and today despite the contract saying 200Mbps they downgraded me to 100Mbps cheers Virgin!

Edit: 53 mins on the phone including waiting on hold again to get answers that the rep asked apparently they temp downgraded me to 100Mbps due to the TV upgrade which is coming, he went something to do with coding and engineers etc.

Well I said where is the information stating that then I wouldnt have to phone! the chap agreed with me but its not his department.

Some offers are conditional on the service codes on the account, so for example a customer may be able to get free basic TV service if they have phone and broadband, but at the bare minimum whoever is keying the order should explain what they are doing and why.

Associate
Any more details? How is it connected, have you tried different servers? Have you tried another VPN?

I've tried everything. it works fine when I'm surfing but when I start to download, the speed drops down to 10mb from 350mb. I think it's something to do with VM hub 3.0 because i've read other people have the same issue on VM forum

Man of Honour
I've tried everything. it works fine when I'm surfing but when I start to download, the speed drops down to 10mb from 350mb. I think it's something to do with VM hub 3.0 because i've read other people have the same issue on VM forum
Is the VPN connected over UDP or TCP? If it's UDP try changing it to TCP and see if it improves.

Soldato
Some offers are conditional on the service codes on the account, so for example a customer may be able to get free basic TV service if they have phone and broadband, but at the bare minimum whoever is keying the order should explain what they are doing and why.

I just added TV on top Mixit with the 360 Virgin box and I had an email saying they moved me from 200mbps to 100mbps. (Despite my contract attached in the same email saying 200mbps)

The customer service explained it was due to coding and work required on the line but didnt explain that in the email. So I have wasted 50 minutes on the phone although he also said the 200 would be restored last night and it hasn't been.

Something doesn't seem right to me here.

Soldato
Carrying on from above well apparently I have been put back on 200mbps despite yesterday being told by customer service who said (I was good at my job) that there was nothing he could do and would be restored last night which it wasnt.

Today I used the online chat and the girl has apologised reset my connection in the end and passed my feedback on to the manager.

All I asked was if they could inform their customers of a change to connection in the future with an explanation also when I upgraded to the TV package via the online portal there was no mention of temp reduction in Internet speed. Secondly why does Internet need to be reduced to install a TV package this wasnt explained and it makes no sense to me.

So ye first time using customer service rather a mixed bag and it seems behind the scenes a lot of confusion.

I did a speedtest on reset of the connection it was the same speed and was told it would increase during the night we shall see does the saga continue...

Soldato
Hi, been long time virgin customer when it used to be called Blueyonder/Telewest prices have increased over the years and looking at what new customers can get its made me think about leaving I currently pay £45.24 for 200mb I see new customers can get it for £25.22 when adding in the £50.00 Voucher , I would even be fine with 100mb and thats £21.22 with the £50 voucher for new customers

I dont have much options as the other providers in my area offer upto 65mb actually untill I try it I wont know I would ideally like to stay minimum of 100mb I cant fault the service speeds are as advertised although the included superhub wasnt great used to need to reboot it every second day or so think it cant connect to multiple of wifi devices 10+ but solved that by buying my own router

My question is if I cant get better deal can I just cancel and get someone else in the household to sign up as a new customer ?

Thanks

Man of Honour
My question is if I cant get better deal can I just cancel and get someone else in the household to sign up as a new customer ?

Thanks
Putting your notice in, assuming you're out of contract, will get them to phone you with a decent deal before they disconnect you so that is generally the easier option. My contract is up this month so going to do this next month.

Soldato

I don't know your setup, but I would not use SH3 on its own. I have the SH3 in modem mode connected to my router(TP Link AX20) and it works fine at full speed even in the evenings, bad cables or overcrowding could be the issue in your case.

Soldato
Putting your notice in, assuming you're out of contract, will get them to phone you with a decent deal before they disconnect you so that is generally the easier option. My contract is up this month so going to do this next month.

Yeah it's just the whole process but has to be done with the amount of saving

Back
Top Bottom