This Instant And Moment - 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Mentioned it in Home and Garden, but I'm frustrated beyond belief at the audacity of the sellers of the property we were buying.

It has been relisted a month after accepting our offer. Original guide was £400-415k, we offered £420k and they've now relisted at £425-450k. The surveyor who did our homebuyers report said it £420k at the top end so god knows what crack they are smoking.

Remedial works required could go up to ~£10k with new boiler and windows recommended.

Man of Honour
Mentioned it in Home and Garden, but I'm frustrated beyond belief at the audacity of the sellers of the property we were buying.

It has been relisted a month after accepting our offer. Original guide was £400-415k, we offered £420k and they've now relisted at £425-450k. The surveyor who did our homebuyers report said it £420k at the top end so god knows what crack they are smoking.

Remedial works required could go up to ~£10k with new boiler and windows recommended.

The housing market sounds more ridiculous than ever right now.

Soldato

So have they accepted your offer or not?

Soldato
A colleague was telling me last week she was told by the estate agent of a property she wanted to view, that she needed to make an offer before they would allow a viewing and that was becoming standard.

Soldato
A colleague was telling me last week she was told by the estate agent of a property she wanted to view, that she needed to make an offer before they would allow a viewing and that was becoming standard.
My colleague is selling her flat and she was told she wouldn't be allowed to view any places unless she had an offer on her property first. She was asked if she wanted to have the video made of her flat for potential buyers to view online but it's something stupid like £500 extra so she said no. (Understandably)

I still have another 2 years of my fixed rate mortgage but I'm hoping when the time comes it will be a bit easier to sell as its shared ownership. I could technically move now but could incur a fee from mortgage lenders. Obviously if I won a ton of money I'd definitely be looking to move.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
"O' stay alive upon the trireme! There is the shore."

I am inclined to understand, though recent administrivia did bore me senseless. That floatsam is passing.

I once was in a sea made of foothills, but heard none yodel.

Man of Honour
I ended up using 99% isopropyl alcohol with a lint free cloth to get the bulk of the stickiness off and it worked to the most degree although it wasn't perfect but I suspect this boils down to how much the surface of the plastic has aged over the years too. It will end up smooth and the rubbery layer does get removed but it does take quite a bit of time!

Soldato
@mrk really odd one, but I vaguely recall you asking (think it was you) about cleaning plastic rubber when it’s old and gone sticky.

I’ve got a wine bottle opener that has gone really sticky and wondered if there was anything you found which worked?
I've found the isopropyl alcohol seems to work but a week later it's sticky again. I guess if you keep polishing til it removes all the degraded stuff it might work better.

Soldato
Yep my sister was gaslighted for a couple years and couldn't see it. He sold pretty much everything he owned under her nose and she still didn't leave him in a timely fashion.
Yeah sadly it's easy to question from the outside and think "why the hell are you with them" but it's not until you've been in an abusive (mental and or physical) relationship that you realise how easy it is to get sucked in etc

I had an abusive ex who stole a £20 gift voucher I was given from work once. He had been the only one to know where it was in my room and I politely asked him about it. He went absolutely mental at me that I could even dare to question him to the point I thought I had got it wrong. 10 mins later he laughed and admitted he did take it

Man of Honour
I don't doubt it men are just as bad if not worse at times. I could be be entirely wrong but I think I'm straight forward and direct, but don't seem to be able to get a straight answer.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
I ate the horse and broke a tooth. Obviously I ate too fast.

"As far as D went, the sought praise triggered excess (to coping ability) in-brain Oxytocin release. As a vasodilator - this caused the vasoconstrictor mechanism ('vascular cuffs') in his brain to become overwhelmed / underperformant. This is the mechanism which plagues the autistic brain and mind function. OT dynamics causing loss of cognitive control and attention focus via neural blood pressure changes. This is what was not understood.

Tho it was signally evident and obvious to any high functioning autistic viewer of any of the televised adulism-seeking events. The low functional IQ of non-autistics left what was in plain sight on every occasion undetected."

Last edited:

RxR

RxR

Soldato
By Judge Judy's calculation, I turned 23 this year. So I suspect I may need to marry and breed soon.

/enjoying a glass of wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom