• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Prices on eBay gone up due to virtually no stock anywhere the whole of April. Price now from completed items about £680-£800.

Having Discord alerts just isn't enough, as scalpers are using bots to do the actual purchase, so if you're trying to purchase manually you're having a bad time.

I'm not really sure if I want one right now, or if it's just the rarity/scarcity that makes me think I want one :p In any case I can't actually get one, so it's kind of a moot point :p

Associate
FFS! I have had 2 crashes on Returnal now. Both times were a decent run! The game is hard as it is and these crashes really frustrate me!!
Anyone else had crashes??

Soldato
FFS! I have had 2 crashes on Returnal now. Both times were a decent run! The game is hard as it is and these crashes really frustrate me!!
Anyone else had crashes??
Nope. No crashes here. I heard the two pre order bonus suits can cause issues. So use the original no.1 suit.

Associate
Geez, I managed to beat the first boss and made it all the way to the second boss, only to get wasted by him when he was on his 3rd and final health bar.

This game is solid and I feel kinda disheartened that I have to start all over again lol
My skill and reflexes ain't what they used to be. Gone are my NES and SNES elite gaming moves hahaha.

Despite this I am enjoying Returnal, it's usually not the type of game I normally play but I fear it might be just a tad too challenging for someone like me. I guess I will keep at it and see if I can progress.

Soldato
Just wondered if any one else has noticed black screen issue but only on certain films?

I have recently watched a few 4k films, alien randomly went to black screens for a second. It happened multiple times however I also watched top gun, birds of prey and spider man into the spider verse also all 4k and they didn't do it.

The Alien disc is perfect no marks on it so just baffled

Soldato
Geez, I managed to beat the first boss and made it all the way to the second boss, only to get wasted by him when he was on his 3rd and final health bar.

This game is solid and I feel kinda disheartened that I have to start all over again lol
My skill and reflexes ain't what they used to be. Gone are my NES and SNES elite gaming moves hahaha.

Despite this I am enjoying Returnal, it's usually not the type of game I normally play but I fear it might be just a tad too challenging for someone like me. I guess I will keep at it and see if I can progress.
I took out the first boss this morning. On my 9th attempt. Bloodborne levels of adrenalin! Loving the second Biome :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Returnal is an absolute unforgiving beast, I can't get past the first boss lol - Spent 2 days and still can't do it, To go through the whole level again and again, over and over stripped down and try to get everything back and beefed up and then inevitably die again and then... do it all over again, man!

I wish I could at least keep the Carbine

Associate
I caved in and bought Returnal, the lack of a save is a pain but it's an incredible game. Designers were clearly fans of Prometheus (at least in my mind). Not got as far as the first boss yet, but I've had the key a couple of times. Lots of dying is actually proving quite helpful.

Has anyone started a dedicated thread?

Soldato
I caved in and bought Returnal, the lack of a save is a pain but it's an incredible game. Designers were clearly fans of Prometheus (at least in my mind). Not got as far as the first boss yet, but I've had the key a couple of times. Lots of dying is actually proving quite helpful.

Has anyone started a dedicated thread?
Definite Prometheus vibes I agree.

Soldato
Hard pass on Returnal for me. Too sweaty by the sound of it and I'm in that group where my game time is limited and I simply don't have the time or inclination to play a game that is aimed at the 10% of people who do actually have the time to invest in a no save/checkpoint model.

I'm sure for those folk, its great but its not for me. On a wider note it does seem to be a design decision that is going to limit sales, which seems a bit strange. But hey - fair play to the developers for sticking to their design vision though.

Associate
I am definitely getting better, I managed to fight the first boss again and found beating him much easier. Now to power up the weapons and take out the second stage boss.

Associate
I'm struggling with it, thoroughly enjoying it but it's hard as nails. I'm definitely improving but it's a slog! As much as the no save is a pain I get it based around how it all works. The astronaut suit figurine has been helpful.

Soldato
Not really kept myself "in the loop" since picking one up in November for my stepson. I'm now on the lookout for one given the game I play the most is getting it's yearly update with "next gen" in mind and my PS4 while running it is similar to a 747 spooling up.

When do we expect the next shipment to land?

Back
Top Bottom