• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone pre ordering a 3080ti lol?

Permabanned
I would never ever pre-order anything from OCUK ever again!!!!!!!

I would. OCuk have been excellent. I made the mistake of going with a MSI 970, which worked out to be worse than my r290 for gaming. OCuk gave me a full refund after almost 6months. The pre-order for my 3080 was fullfilled ASAP with email updates containing queue postion while I waited.

Permabanned
Any 3080 owner who manages to grab a Ti at launch will pretty much have a free upgrade won’t they? Might even be able to make some money on the deal

Don't encourage people. I have nothing but contempt for people who buy one when they already have one.

Man of Honour
It's a legit upgrade though, faster card with more VRAM, not like there is any alternate faster cards in stock they can buy. If they bought another 3080 then yes, that would be greedy.

Soldato
It's a legit upgrade though, faster card with more VRAM, not like there is any alternate faster cards in stock they can buy. If they bought another 3080 then yes, that would be greedy.

It's a small upgrade over the 3080 if its squeezing into that tight space between the 3080 and 3090. The difference is probably one setting, in the graphics menu of my favorite title, turned up one notch.

Caporegime
How much faster though? If it sits between the 80 and 90, then there’s barely a difference. Certainly not enough to make any real noticeable difference. And I really don’t think an extra 2GB of VRAM is anything to get excited about. I’ve never seen a game use more than 8GB in my life.

Soldato
a 3090 does better than a 3080 at 4K though - not by a huge amount and certainly not by the price difference so a cheaper 3080Ti might be worth the move especially since it should be easy enough to move on for cost. I paid 700 for a 3080 and I'd be happy to sell it on MM if I could get a Ti for 900ish - any more than that and it is probably not worth the effort for me though.

Soldato
It's a small upgrade over the 3080 if its squeezing into that tight space between the 3080 and 3090. The difference is probably one setting, in the graphics menu of my favorite title, turned up one notch.
I’d say it’s not even that. In normal times people would be calling it a sidegrade at best. Given most people like a decent step up between cards in terms of upgrades I really can’t imagine the term upgrade being bandied around.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I’d say it’s not even that. In normal times people would be calling it a sidegrade at best. Given most people like a decent step up between cards in terms of upgrades I really can’t imagine the term upgrade being bandied around.
Loads of people upgraded from a 1080 to a 1080ti.

Back
Top Bottom