FIFA 21

Soldato
Tbh most of the pack content is rubbish as well. Not enough just play games.
I agree, I don't find pack openings to be that entertaining either, I'd rather see gameplay. But they apparently make a lot of money from pack opening videos, so why wouldn't they do it? Plus it has to be just about the easiest content to make of anything on Twitch or Youtube. It takes no skill, no thought, you don't really even have to pay attention. Why would you do gameplay when you can do pack openings?

I mean the Twosync lads literally have no content if EA don't give them packs to open (either on the store or via SBCs) and I'm sure they're not the only ones.

Soldato
There are many different kids of streamers, each fills a certain niche

Gameplay - you've got guys like Boras, Kurt (if hes ever unbanned), Anders etc. All pretty **** at the menu side of things, but amazing on the sticks.
Packs - everybody dabbles to an extent, but you're looking at Bateson, Castro
Trading - Nick RTFM, guy runs an RTG and ends up with 80 million coins every year
Menu Content - Two sync, Nick 28T
RTG - Fuji, Nepenthenz

Everybody has their niche, if you want to watch gameplay there are good gameplay streamers out there to watch, I'd wholly recommend Boras for a chilled gameplay vibe.

For me, I tend to throw on a stream in the background while I'm playing my games. I don't think I sit and actively 'watch' a stream if you understand me.

Associate
Tried out Kane and Mount (after opening 25 packs and getting nothing).

Kane, exactly what you would expect, lethal in front of goal and bullies players but not agile enough for the skill/dribbling meta.

Mount was a huge disappointment, playing rcam and couldn't score some simple finishes.
Both sold at no loss and now dropped so happy I got out.

17 wins achieved with games to spare. Roll on Thursday and picks.

Soldato
14-2.

Mid cruyff, prime Zidane & FB Sanches have been my standout players this week. I did have cruyff at cam to start with and he was great there but I had to put him up front as he's just so good in front of goal and scores with almost every shot.

Soldato
There are many different kids of streamers, each fills a certain niche

Gameplay - you've got guys like Boras, Kurt (if hes ever unbanned), Anders etc. All pretty **** at the menu side of things, but amazing on the sticks.
Packs - everybody dabbles to an extent, but you're looking at Bateson, Castro
Trading - Nick RTFM, guy runs an RTG and ends up with 80 million coins every year
Menu Content - Two sync, Nick 28T
RTG - Fuji, Nepenthenz

Everybody has their niche, if you want to watch gameplay there are good gameplay streamers out there to watch, I'd wholly recommend Boras for a chilled gameplay vibe.

For me, I tend to throw on a stream in the background while I'm playing my games. I don't think I sit and actively 'watch' a stream if you understand me.
Yeah, the menu content people often do a lot of packs too though. For example TwoSync mostly do menu content for packs (a few SBC players). If there's no Icon packs SBCs or Guaranteed X pack SBCs they'll probably just do 81+ upgrade packs or player pick packs. Basically if they're not RTG, then most of the menu content people would be hit hard by no FP too.

A lot of the gameplay people also have pay2win accounts, although I believe Boras does an RTG as well.
But I imagine if there were no FP the RTG people and the traders would have an easier time. I suspect the traders would make less coins as there'd be less coins i nthe game, but I also expect most prices would be down so overall they'd be in no worse a position.

Also a lot of streamers do shareplay pack openings too. I think Pieface is about the only one that doesn't do that. I think even runthefutmarket opens viewer packs via shareplay. I think I've seen Boras doing that too.

Soldato
If you think P2W is going away I think you're in for a shock. Maybe, just maybe, they get rid of "packs" due to the randomness of the reward and the link to gambling. If they do they'll replace it with a straight up market where you either buy coins or tokens that allow you to directly purchase the player you want.

Permabanned
GAH! Rage. Battering someone in WL, like 10 shots on target, just cant score, they score their only shot on target with Kimbepe(centre back), eventually pull back to 1 - 1 at 60 minutes, he quits, nothing recorded.

Never playing anymore Fifa's on PC again. :cry:

Soldato
If you think P2W is going away I think you're in for a shock. Maybe, just maybe, they get rid of "packs" due to the randomness of the reward and the link to gambling. If they do they'll replace it with a straight up market where you either buy coins or tokens that allow you to directly purchase the player you want.
Yeah, EA make too much money off it for it to go away, unless there's some legal ruling they can't loophole their way around. But if that happens I wonder if they'll still bother with FUT as a game mode.
I think being able to just buy the players you want would be better really, but unless they made the players silly expensive they'd lose a lot of money doing that I suspect. Would let people just get the players they want, like the old Icon SBCs used to be. But I guess EA didn't like that as it wasn't random enough, so I suspect they won't let you buy specific players for the same reason.

I don't imagine EA have any incentive to change how things are, they're making plenty of money as it is. They could upgrade servers or whatever, but that'd cost money and wouldn't make them any money, so why bother from a business point of view? For them it ain't broke so doesn't need fixing. People can complain all they like but while they spend money on the game year after year it's working exactly as intended for EA.
Any change we see to Fifa won't be for the players benefit, it'll be to make more profit (if a side effect is a benefit to the players then so be it). I think P2W will only get worse.

I did wonder, given EA probably make most of their money through FUT, would they make more money if they made the FUT mode F2P and just charged for the other modes. Would that get more people into FUT? I mean that's basically the model that things like LoL and Fortnite use isn't it?

Don
OP
17-7. Was rather painless. Embarrassed some god squads but equally demolished by some.

4231 is serving me really well, Freeze
Mbappe and FB Kent with trusty Mbappe and Neymar so the job really well.

Soldato
I was 5-9 at 11pm last night after an awful Friday - managed to pull it back to 14-10 by 1am and called it a night, thank god it’s a bank holiday

I know it’s been said before but gameplay responsiveness makes such a big difference

Soldato
I was 5-9 at 11pm last night after an awful Friday - managed to pull it back to 14-10 by 1am and called it a night, thank god it’s a bank holiday

I know it’s been said before but gameplay responsiveness makes such a big difference

100%

I generally avoid Fridays as post 6pm the game feels sluggish and if your game revolves around other aspects then 5atb and spam triangle then you are in trouble.

I managed to get 14 wins with 4 games to spare. Didn't have the will to play the remaining games.

Soldato
100%

I generally avoid Fridays as post 6pm the game feels sluggish and if your game revolves around other aspects then 5atb and spam triangle then you are in trouble.

I managed to get 14 wins with 4 games to spare. Didn't have the will to play the remaining games.

Deffo - I play quite possession based but my players couldn’t even pass on Friday, even when they weren’t under any pressure. Not saying it would have been great for my opponents either but they just seemed to get the luck of the draw

My aim was Silver 1 last night which to be honest I thought was in doubt, so quite happy to get the 9 wins for gold 3

Soldato
Deffo - I play quite possession based but my players couldn’t even pass on Friday, even when they weren’t under any pressure. Not saying it would have been great for my opponents either but they just seemed to get the luck of the draw

My aim was Silver 1 last night which to be honest I thought was in doubt, so quite happy to get the 9 wins for gold 3

I'm the same, it's rare for me to not have most of the ball and that one touch passing and skill moves are only possible when the connection is good. Otherwise its painful.

I've often wondered if it was the same for my opposition but sometimes you see them reacting before you when it comes to goal kicks for instance so I have my doubts.

Plus most of them are 5atb rats spamming through balls it naturally it won't impact them as much.

Back
Top Bottom