What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
why did u get rid of that wall and concrete path for? It looked okay in the pics :)

It now goes nowhere due to the extension.

This was it before, it came down the steps to the side of the house

IMG-20210327-153128.jpg

To extend our we had to remove the steps

IMG-20210406-154528.jpg

I've reduced the wall height and taking the path back to the "up" steps then will backfill the gap with topsoil to create a large continuous border / bed

IMG-20210401-183907.jpg

IMG-20210501-163013.jpg

Your outhouse needs modernising:cry:.

Lol, I'm going nowhere near that :p:cry:

Soldato
ah right I see I understand now.
what are you plans for that area? big difference in height from your grass to extension level whats the height difference?

Soldato
It's probably 7-800mm.

The whole garden slopes towards where the pictures are taken from and away to the right. The plan is to grade the excavated material into the garden and reduce the level difference / slope to that part of the garden.

Then it will be partially turfed and probably some kind of border or bed. Depends on what the boss decides :D

Associate
Well yesterday I finished all the digging and weed removal

c5WcsGl.jpg

Going to lossen it all up a bit more before reseeding. Fortunately its not a lot of space so I've been able to manage with no collagen left in my body, but took me almost 2 weeks to dig it all.

I'm thinking of propagating clippings from my hegdes and making a border with them around the inside of the wall too, but I can do that next year.

kai

kai

Soldato
New sofa arrived yesterday (finally). So it was time to hang the art-work. What i thought was an easy job, turned into a nightmare. Hanging the frames in this style was a job i seriously underestimated.

QFUpDmw.png.jpg

Associate
I'll need my first sofa after my lounge units are done, I have 2.5m width for a 4 seater with chaise lounge and I want one in chartreuse yellow - green.

Finding the right size / design in the right colour is a challenge, I might need to make a visit to the Furniture Village in Birstall again.

Soldato
New sofa arrived yesterday (finally). So it was time to hang the art-work. What i thought was an easy job, turned into a nightmare. Hanging the frames in this style was a job i seriously underestimated.

QFUpDmw.png.jpg
Looks good though so I'd say worth the effort. Misaligned pictures frames tend to draw your eye and once seen, cannot be unseen:D.

Soldato
Well yesterday I finished all the digging and weed removal

c5WcsGl.jpg

Going to lossen it all up a bit more before reseeding. Fortunately its not a lot of space so I've been able to manage with no collagen left in my body, but took me almost 2 weeks to dig it all.

I'm thinking of propagating clippings from my hegdes and making a border with them around the inside of the wall too, but I can do that next year.
Would make a cracking walled garden and a good lean to greenhouse against the wall too……….make it a grow your own garden

Associate
Well I wanted an L shaped sofa opposite my L shaped media units so I can put my feet up while gaming.

Thats been a plan for several years and I will eventually have it. Maybe wont all be done until next year though.

Soldato
Cantilever parasol purchased and delivered on Friday and put it up today. Not bad for £59. Only bought 2 base sections so going to need to buy another 2 to be safe it won't blow over.

I had a cantilever one and modified the foot so essentially it was bolted to a paver. They move around a lot and I had to replace the string on it 2 or 3 times as it snapped. That might be due to them being massive though, they give good coverage.

Back
Top Bottom