Noel Clarke sexual predator allegations lead to instant cancellation

Man of Honour
Nobody knows what the accusations are, in this age where people say having a BBQ is racist if you're white, it could literally be a case of him putting his hands on their shoulders or saying something they found patronising and deemed it harrassment

What the hell happened to innocent until proven guilty ? If he'd murdered someone the reaction wouldn't be as bad as this

Your post reminded me in a way, of one of my old man’s humorous asides, he’d say, “If you walked past Mrs. Jones house, and she was changing her blouse with the curtains open, glance at her without breaking your stride, and you’re immediately labelled a Peeping Tom, but if Mrs. Jones walks past your house while you’re changing your jeans, she can accuse you of indecent exposure.”
I say this not to make light of the case under discussion, prior to it hitting the news I’d never heard of the guy, even after seeing photos of him I’m none the wiser, if he’s been on my TV, I didn’t know it.
Reading the posts on here, and watching TV news, it seems that he’s akin to a disciple of Weinstein, yet somehow his fame, or infamy has passed me by.

Man of Honour

I wish I could tell if that girl in the clip they showed was being serious or if it was parody. But you just can't any more :p And it's quite likely she was being serious :(

That absolutely has to be parody, but the scary thing is there's a good chance it isn't. :(

It's not serious, Sky News AU is a dumpster fire and they know what they're doing with an edited clip like that.

Soldato
Furthemore, if the threat to a career, regardless of proven guilt, makes just one would-be groper think again, it's a great outcome. It's a nice, non-legislative way to tip the balance and push people to behave in ways that lower the risk of accusation, by respecting others.

whilst i can understand the sentiment and why you think this is a good thing, i look at the same thing and think i'd rather not have this as a weapon that can be used against the innocent.

Soldato

As the reporter says it does dilute rasicm. Normal people are fed up of hearing how everything is "racist", so they just don't care anymore (but are required to pretent to at work etc). When you show something often enough people become desensitised to it.

But then it might be some kind of parody. Just can't tell now.

Permabanned
As the reporter says it does dilute rasicm. Normal people are fed up of hearing how everything is "racist", so they just don't care anymore (but are required to pretent to at work etc). When you show something often enough people become desensitised to it.

But then it might be some kind of parody. Just can't tell now.

Normal people no, right wing loons who rage at everything yes.

Soldato
How did this turn in to a race thing anyway? Has he played the card? I don't think it works vs sexual assaults.
His friend/colleague said it was a racist witch hunt and it's gone from there. He hasn't played that card himself.

BTW I thought you weren't meant to call the cops anymore because BLM etc :D

Soldato
That may well be what grinds your gears but defending someone who has 20 people claiming sexual assault of whatever nature shouldn't be your prompt to shout out loud about it. I hope you don't have any women looking up to you as a role model with the crap you are suggesting.

You have miss read my posts. I'm not defending him, in fact I have repeatedly said that if found guilty then he should be punished and then educated and supported as a result.

You have taken a typical stance of "if you are not carrying a pitchfork then you are a supporter role" and so I say to you.

Although I understand your stance of how you have perceived my posts I am 100% confident in my stance on this and how I see it. I am also very confident on how people look upto me, male or female.

Soldato
Youu have taken a typical stance of "if you are not carrying a pitchfork then you are a supporter role" and so I say to you.

There appears to be a number of posters on this thread using this old tactic of "if you don't agree with my position then you are part of the problem"

It's quite clear what your position is - if the allegations are true, he should be punished/rehabilitated and then allowed to be part of society again, not have the public continually punish him for ever more.

Some people have the opinion that "leopards don't change their spots" yet, if a person is constantly reminded and harassed for something they did many years ago and not allowed to move on, how can that person be expected to change if they are not being allowed to change?

Caporegime
Furthemore, if the threat to a career, regardless of proven guilt, makes just one would-be groper think again, it's a great outcome. It's a nice, non-legislative way to tip the balance and push people to behave in ways that lower the risk of accusation, by respecting others.
are you for real or being sarcastic?
maybe we should bring the death sentence for people who have affairs, that'll stop anyone thinking about it

straight out of NK probably

Caporegime
I never understood how he got so apparently big. I barely watch UK tv anymore so was surprised he in loads of stuff now. But based on his awful Dr Who character I don't know how he made a career out of it.
he was one of the bbc favourites, seems there's always a few people they try to level up even if it's people the public don't like.

I often wonder if it's nepotism like stacey dooley her accent is chalkboard and shes annoying as hell, bbc kept pushing her and pushing her on to the screen in documentaries though

Caporegime
The real ****** up thing about it was for the longest time she didn't want him prosecuted and enjoyed her time with him :eek::eek::eek::eek:
young person doesn't realise something is wrong shocker, I bet a lot of people abused by family members feel the same way because until a certain age they won't realise it's not normal.

Soldato
There appears to be a number of posters on this thread using this old tactic of "if you don't agree with my position then you are part of the problem"

It's quite clear what your position is - if the allegations are true, he should be punished/rehabilitated and then allowed to be part of society again, not have the public continually punish him for ever more.

Some people have the opinion that "leopards don't change their spots" yet, if a person is constantly reminded and harassed for something they did many years ago and not allowed to move on, how can that person be expected to change if they are not being allowed to change?
Couldn't agree more

Soldato

It also means they don't believe the criminal justice system works in this country and everybody who commits a crime should be locked away from society forever, I wouldn't be surprised if they advocate the death penalty because they'd balk at the cost of locking away all criminals forever

Soldato

No one is saying he can't be part of society, but would you really want him back in a position where he has power over people again? You wouldn't let a reformed child abuser work in a nursery. He needs to accept that his current career is no longer a viable option and find a new one.

Back
Top Bottom