Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Who was that track day with? Busy. That bmw was frustrating I bet ?

Javelin. Yeah that session was busy, that was post lunch though iirc.

Oh yeah that Z4 was being a pain, easing off so much for him as he wouldn’t let me past, then typical traffic ahead of him.

it’s a shame my go pro went dead as the later sessions were better than that but hey, had a great time.

Commissario
Javelin. Yeah that session was busy, that was post lunch though iirc.

Oh yeah that Z4 was being a pain, easing off so much for him as he wouldn’t let me past, then typical traffic ahead of him.

it’s a shame my go pro went dead as the later sessions were better than that but hey, had a great time.
I was raging watching you behind that z4!

Associate
IMG-4658.jpg

Massive thank you to the young girl in a Range Rover who decided to jump her red and turn right in front of me. :(

Soldato
IMG-4658.jpg

Massive thank you to the young girl in a Range Rover who decided to jump her red and turn right in front of me. :(
Hope you get it sorted ok...

That's really bad :( probably £4-5K worth of external damage alone & most parts will need replacing. A highly skilled body shop could straighten & respray those 3 panels but me personally I would not accept that I would want new like for like replacements as structural integrity of the bonnet especially would be questionable (in case of future front end impacts which I hope do not happen to you again but you never know when you sell the car eventually someone else might have a frontal impact and I do not think it would stand another as its so bent!). Hope its not damaged anything inside the engine bay or front suspension as well. If the front chassis is bent or damaged your looking at a write off!

Good luck getting it all sorted out.

Associate
Hope you get it sorted ok...

That's really bad :( probably £4-5K worth of external damage alone & most parts will need replacing. A highly skilled body shop could straighten & respray those 3 panels but me personally I would not accept that I would want new like for like replacements as structural integrity of the bonnet especially would be questionable (in case of future front end impacts which I hope do not happen to you again but you never know when you sell the car eventually someone else might have a frontal impact and I do not think it would stand another as its so bent!). Hope its not damaged anything inside the engine bay or front suspension as well. If the front chassis is bent or damaged your looking at a write off!

Good luck getting it all sorted out.

Thank you for your very kind words! You're most likely right and I'll update on what the outcome is. I agree with you and would want the panels fully replaced. Sucks as it's the only car I've ever bought brand new, I'm the sole owner since collecting her in 2015 and she only has 33,000 miles on her with a full service history so she's a really well looked after car. At least nobody was badly injured or anything so I have to not take too much for granted.

Soldato
Gave it a detail today, nothing major its already in great condition, so just a bit of a wax and sorted some engine bay bits

There's a light on a retractable string in the engine bay, they dont make them like they used to. You unclip it and can then have a look at whatever. Wind it back up and turn it off.

I find it quite hard to believe its 31 years old

Untitled by Ross c, on Flickr

Last edited:
Soldato
Gave it a detail today, nothing major its already in great condition, so just a bit of a wax and sorted some engine bay bits

There's a light on a retractable string in the engine bay, they dont make them like they used to. You unclip it and can then have a look at whatever. Wind it back up and turn it off.

I like the red one!

OcUK Staff
Had a good drive to Wales and visiting a few beaches yesterday, quiet roads.

Even drove into a beach, grabbed a few photos and starting doing some drifting and donuts, great fun.

7CED36FA-D934-42AA-89F8-7BBD507D97FB.jpeg 3AB341FB-8427-4E6B-BA3D-5C28166F2091.jpeg 2411DB5E-FCFE-4B16-ACB4-14A60C9EE6B7.jpeg 720E0196-C910-4915-848B-B131FF54FBA3.jpeg 36FD6C6A-8F84-4E65-826C-EF3331C8F9A2.jpeg 24855955-2439-48BA-BC46-582CDAE5A002.jpeg 69DF634D-04AF-426A-8818-3054A38A0A69.jpeg

Was really happy that the car can push the rear out just using power. Was able to do some awesome wide arc power drifts and was great fun driving like a maniac on a big wide open beach. Think I got lucky as supposedly a 10mph speed limit but the wardens did not care as a Porsche was doing donuts and for some reason a couple of lads were driving their cars at high speed through the sea lol.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Hah my pickup will need some luck to make it to 10 years :( not that I intend to keep it that long. Engine seems solid and interior immaculate but the ladder chassis is already starting to corrode.

I don't like the lowered look. Looks wrong to me.

Ride will be vastly improved for road use though hah - some BFGs and a lift kit will feel quite nasty on British roads :(

Back
Top Bottom