What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
What snowfoam / equipment did you use? I know some is pretty useless, and some is good. :p
Got a Karcher jetwash & using there foam mixer/attachment nozzle.
Picked up a bottle of autoglym polar blast from a local store. Wanted to try the Bilt Hambler foam but wasn't in stock at the time.

Will pick some up next time as I've heard good things about it & I already use several of there products & find them excellent :D

Soldato
Pretty boring really, just clear coated my headlights with 3M headlight clear coat to stop them going hazy again for a while. Wonder how long it will last.

YHTPKM6l.jpg

fni2TVLl.jpg

You want superclamps / marine clamps for intercooler pipework 100%. Surprised it stayed on at all with a jubilee clip!

Turtle wax do a headlight polish with some UV protector in it. Lasts about a year. The UV layer is completely gone on my Elise and that cleaned it up quite well.

Soldato
Removed the front sub frame, reattached the IC pipe work and put it all back together. Unfortunately the hard plastic pipe has deformed on the edge, and had to be trimmed to prevent the rubber liner fouling when going back together. It seems to be holding on the road test, so that’ll do for now.

Soldato
Drove van down to get a battery for the other vehicle, got home and fitted it.

Took the car out went to clean windscreen and the wiper split on drivers side, back to eurocar parts for new ones!

Edit and I've just washed it :)

Soldato
Ready to go out for a quick blast this morning...checked tyre pressures as usual. Front Left was 8.5 PSI down overnight from yesterday :eek: so knew I had a major problem there! Phoned my local kwik fit & those guys were fantastic :D Within 10 mins of me calling they had put the car on their lift & found a double slow puncture slash across the entire bottom of the tyre in 2 different areas so I paid for a new replacement which they fitted on the spot. All in all took me no more than 30 mins start to finish very impressive service :) & great experience from kwik fit!

Still cannot believe how it even happened but better to know before you go for a drive & put high loadings on the tyre! it would have failed sooner or later (I always check the pressures on all 4 tyres once a week sooner if going for a long drive).

Soldato
Did by far the most important thing to my car. Fitted the LCI cupholders to my 3 Series. The pre-LCI model has this annoying thing with the cup holders having a removable tray which you then have to put somewhere when you actually want to put a drink in the cup holder. I like to have the tray there sometimes as it's a good size for my phone, key or other bits to sit on but I just found it irritating having to take it out and dump it somewhere:

1.jpg

The LCI's cup holdfer is an inbuilt sliding tray which I think is not only much more convenient but I also think it somehow makes it look a bit fresher as well as getting rid of the pointless ashtray area at the back. The only downside being that because of the sliding tray I had to cut some of the bits of the centre console out with a hacksaw blade. Bits that you can't see, so despite it sounding bad, you can't go too far wrong:

2.jpg

Not sure what the elastic band over the air ducting is all about but that's actually how it is from factory. The bit I had to cut out is quite obviously where the foam is now visible, below the two screws and above the rubber band. Also had to cut a small amount out in the plastic above the gearstick. It now looks like this:

3.jpg
4.jpg

Personally I think it's much better and more convenient. Was it worth it? Probably not, but it kept me occupied for half an hour and now I don't have to stash an annoying tray somewhere whenever I have a drink in my car.

Soldato
Had a list of bits to do as this just arrived after sitting for 6 months on a boat or waiting on docs. Needed a good clean and polish, took the worst out and could do with another go. Hugely more fun than I expected, cheap to import too. The wiper arms were rusted, sanded and painted them. 2 new keys programmed, battery charged etc, lots of little things.

Drives great, taken me by surprise to be honest. Also, bonus being an older model is that everything seems relatively easy to fix.

Soldato
Had a list of bits to do as this just arrived after sitting for 6 months on a boat or waiting on docs. Needed a good clean and polish, took the worst out and could do with another go. Hugely more fun than I expected, cheap to import too. The wiper arms were rusted, sanded and painted them. 2 new keys programmed, battery charged etc, lots of little things.

Drives great, taken me by surprise to be honest. Also, bonus being an older model is that everything seems relatively easy to fix.

Now that looks nice - but i’m strange and also own a 16 y/o Jap AWD that’s less fun to drive.

Soldato
Faffed about with brake lines, replaced a corroded section and installed pressure sensors in the front and rear circuits. Mostly done but screwed up crimping a terminal for one of the electrical connectors so need to wait for a replacement to arrive in the week before I can finish off. Plan is to gather some data on line pressures at Croft next weekend and then I can work toward correctly sizing the master cylinders and calculating a comfortable pedal ratio for a proper dual master/bias bar setup.

Back
Top Bottom