Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Soldato
I need to read the whole thread, but is there a go to recommended battery power pack option kind of built into the an upgraded headstrap or something? is that the preferred method hanging it off the head strap or does anyone run one in a pocket or something? My son has a quest 2 and wants longer battery life. :)

Soldato
OP
I need to read the whole thread, but is there a go to recommended battery power pack option kind of built into the an upgraded headstrap or something? is that the preferred method hanging it off the head strap or does anyone run one in a pocket or something? My son has a quest 2 and wants longer battery life. :)

MVH studios headstrap comes with a battery holder, either for a specific battery, or a generic.

In general though, all you really need is some velcro cable ties eg https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk-branded-cable-tie-1m-length-cutable-to-length-cb-109-ok.html

And just strap them onto the battery to hold it in place around whatever strap you are using. I've added some to my mvhstudios headstrap, even though I've got the right setup, since on very violent movements, it would slip out occassionally, a couple of cable ties around the middle and it's going nowhere.

Soldato
OK. Is the elite head strap not the best one today then? My lad is 11 so obviously doesn't have an adult sized head yet so not sure if the MVH one would be suitable as the guy in a youtube video I just saw said he had to have it fully tightened.
Should I just go with an Anker power pack of around 10,000mah? Any particular type I should go with?

Soldato
OP
OK. Is the elite head strap not the best one today then? My lad is 11 so obviously doesn't have an adult sized head yet so not sure if the MVH one would be suitable as the guy in a youtube video I just saw said he had to have it fully tightened.
Should I just go with an Anker power pack of around 10,000mah? Any particular type I should go with?

I'd not worry about specifically getting an Anker. I'd just look for something compact, rather than long and thin etc. 10000mah is good. As for straps, why not try what ShiWarrior has just got, and get the headcup thing that goes onto the original strap.

Soldato
Just received my VR cover spacer, a lot better now and things are a lot clearer... less god rays too surprisingly! I think 1 more spacer might actually make it even better but not neccessary.

Think i just have really bad focal length lol :cry:

Associate
I bought an AMVR powerbank fixing bracket and an INIU 20000mAh powerbank for the Quest 2. Tried it on the top of the Elite strap and found it unconfortable, the rubber pad is quite hard and the battery is quite heavy. clipped it on the back and it's a lot more comfortable. You can feel the clip but it's not a deal breaker. Using the magnetic cable that came with the bracket the Quest is holding 100% charge while the battery pack slowly runs down. Reckon it would last a good 8 hours from the few hours I've used it. If I was moving about a lot the 10500mAh version might be better as it's 150 gm lighter.

kbioq53.jpg
FvnU7g0.jpg

Associate
So my Elite strap broke last week. Whilst waiting on the warranty replacement I decided to try an eBay Halo strap. I don't know how anyone could live with that Halo strap. Maybe my head is an odd shape, but there's not enough forehead above the Quest 2 for the Halo to grip and it is too small to clamp from up there to the back of my head. Fits fine without a Quest attached or if I rotate it forwards so it sits on my forehead with the Quest 2 over my mouth. There's a spot where it sits just right, but loosely and with lots of light flooding in from the sides.

For me at least, it is the worst option. I'd rather use the stock strap. Fortunately my warranty replacement Elite arrived yesterday.

Associate
Just received my VR cover spacer, a lot better now and things are a lot clearer... less god rays too surprisingly! I think 1 more spacer might actually make it even better but not neccessary.

Think i just have really bad focal length lol :cry:

Is this for glasses? I've been using the thinner of the two pads, no spacer, with my glasses, with space in front of the lenses of probably 5mm. Funny how different everyone's head must be.

Edit : Oh, it's so you can focus on the screen. Maybe your prescription needs an update? I got new specs then realised my old specs of similar prescription were so bad - they'd been made with the ipd wrong!

Soldato
Is this for glasses? I've been using the thinner of the two pads, no spacer, with my glasses, with space in front of the lenses of probably 5mm. Funny how different everyone's head must be.

Edit : Oh, it's so you can focus on the screen. Maybe your prescription needs an update? I got new specs then realised my old specs of similar prescription were so bad - they'd been made with the ipd wrong!
I dont wear glasses but after trying this i think i might actually need them lmao :cry:

Back
Top Bottom