*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Considering a switch lite but is it worth it given there may be a switch pro or the like this year which would probably cut the price of the lite?

The Switch Pro has been rumoured since the original came out, has to be right eventually I guess.

I don't think you'll see much of a price drop on the Lite even if it does come out as they are targeting different audiences.

Why do you want a Lite rather than the regular? Wondering as the regular has the benefits of the Lite plus you can still play on the big screen.

To me the cost difference makes the Lite a hard sell unless you find it for a bargain.

Associate
Been playing Monster Hunter Rise with my 2nd cousin so far as a MH fan..
Things I like:
-The dog makes traversing through the map is fast which
-The attack power for weapons are bit more realistic, specially with Long Swotd etc. No more 800 dmg power its now scaled down to like 150
-The wirebug is quite good mechanic
- Some new combo mechanic is quite cool
-The maps are nice
-The soundtrack is nice

Things I don't like:
-More to do with the Switch than anything, the frame drops a lot against Mitsuzune when it releases load of bubbles
-There is slight input lag or something because of the frame drop

Soldato
The Switch Pro has been rumoured since the original came out, has to be right eventually I guess.

I don't think you'll see much of a price drop on the Lite even if it does come out as they are targeting different audiences.

Why do you want a Lite rather than the regular? Wondering as the regular has the benefits of the Lite plus you can still play on the big screen.

To me the cost difference makes the Lite a hard sell unless you find it for a bargain.

Actually had an original a couple of years ago. Just want it for handheld play as any other free time for gaming is pc based.

Soldato
Go for it then matey, you sound like you've already convinced yourself but looking for final sign off :D

Yes, only thing putting me off was the possible price cut if pro version was happening soon but seems not with no official announcement. I thought breath of the wild was a little over rated at the time and there wasn't a huge amount early on but that's completely changed now plus I loved mario golf on the N64 - didn't realise it was out so soon.

Associate
Quick question, do I need to have the Nintendo online account to backup my saves to cloud?

I'm currently playing a metro 2033 on my switch lite, but would like to continue on the bigger switch at some point, if I can't, how do I transfer my saves?

Soldato
Ok thanks, how do I get my save across to the docked switch then?

From the Nintendo FAQ: You can link your Nintendo Account to multiple Nintendo Switch consoles and play your games on any of them using your Nintendo Account. Only one of the consoles can act as the primary console. ... On non-primary consoles, only your Nintendo Account can access these games.

Also have a read of this https://www.nintendolife.com/guides...-saves-across-nintendo-switch-and-switch-lite

Associate
Soldato
Pretty impressed with the lite so far. Does feel a little more solid than the original switch and the screen seems slightly better than from what I remember. Could have just been the panel or maybe it's the smaller screen making it look crisper.

Back
Top Bottom