PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Soldato
The EA Desktop app will eventually replace Origin when they get it in a better position - it is currently missing some games, some DLC and other things that Origin has. But you have to use this to access EA Play as part of an Xbox Game Pass subscription. You just log in with your EA account.

I installed it and it didn't work at first. I had to click a link in Gamepass to open EA Desktop before it linked my EA and Gamepass accounts

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Anyone know if the ME Legendary Edition will be coming to Game Pass?

Just about to pay £35 for it but if it’s going to be on Game Pass there’s no point.

Soldato
Anyone know if the ME Legendary Edition will be coming to Game Pass?

Just about to pay £35 for it but if it’s going to be on Game Pass there’s no point.

Can't imagine it'll be there any time soon. Eventually, sure, but no time soon.

Might be able to get some sort of discount buying through it though? But probably no better than cdkeys prices.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Think you’re probably right. I’ll just pick it up from CDKeys this week.

It’s not unknown for new titles to go straight to GP, hence the question.

Soldato
I thought pretty much everything new by Microsoft and Bethesda goes straight to GP now?

This is ea though and you only get ea basic with the game pass i believe. Struggle to believe they'll release a £60 titlestraight on release.

I mean it's worth waiting till release just in case, but it feels unlikely.

Associate
Installed FIFA 21 last night on EA Play ! Its now meant to be inculded with the Xbox Game pass PC , Anyway I have installed the game with no issues but the game does not load when you click play ? Anyone else had this issue......

The game has been installed on the EA Play Beta client.

Soldato
Installed FIFA 21 last night on EA Play ! Its now meant to be inculded with the Xbox Game pass PC , Anyway I have installed the game with no issues but the game does not load when you click play ? Anyone else had this issue......

The game has been installed on the EA Play Beta client.

On the Origin one it opens a little launcher where you pick graphic detail etc or click start. Have a look in its folder for the exe.

Associate
On the Origin one it opens a little launcher where you pick graphic detail etc or click start. Have a look in its folder for the exe.

On the EA Beta one I click play and all it does is says loading and then doesn't do anything. I tried Tourch light on the same EA play App and it loads up fine so my guess is something is wrong EA end ?

Soldato
It's only on Steam and Origin (EA Desktop) on PC. No MS Store version - it isn't on Game Pass so doesn't need to be on there.

That's a shame as all my hundreds of hours and achievements all played on xbox over the years so wanted to carry that on through the ms store on PC. I just thought as I can see it on the store to buy on my Series X, I should be able to buy it through the same store on PC. Weird.

Last edited:
Associate
That's a shame as all my hundreds of hours and achievements all played on xbox over the years so wanted to carry that on through the ms store on PC. I just thought as I can see it on the store to buy on my Series X, I should be able to buy it through the same store on PC. Weird.

It's usually a whole new achievement list on the PC even if on the MS store, doesn't carry on from the console version.

Soldato
It's usually a whole new achievement list on the PC even if on the MS store, doesn't carry on from the console version.

oh really? Ive been playing Fallout4, Subnautica, Forza to name a few obvious ones I've been playing on PC of late and the achievements certainly are carrying over to my xbox achievements.

But anyway, what I don't get is how is Mass Effect Legendary available to buy on my series X through the store but not through the MS store on my PC when I've Gamepass Ultimate? That's what is confusing me.

Soldato
oh really? Ive been playing Fallout4, Subnautica, Forza to name a few obvious ones I've been playing on PC of late and the achievements certainly are carrying over to my xbox achievements.

But anyway, what I don't get is how is Mass Effect Legendary available to buy on my series X through the store but not through the MS store on my PC when I've Gamepass Ultimate? That's what is confusing me.

because it's not on gamepass for PC yet. You need EA Play Pro.

Soldato

Microsoft Store is just a really low priority platform for PC game developers and publishers. The vast majority of PC games don't release on that store. Most of the stuff on there is from Xbox Game Studios, Bethesda, moderately successful indie developers, or falls in to the "mobile game" category.

As for the other bit, some PC titles feature "cross-progression", which is why progress is carrying over from Xbox. But this is far from being a standard feature (outside of Microsoft's own titles). Even if Mass Effect Legendary Edition did come to Microsoft Store, there's no guarantee it would use cross-progression (in fact, I'd place money on it not using this feature).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom