Motherboard recommendations

Associate
motherboard to be paired with a ryzen 7 5800, 3080, 36gb corsair vengeance ram, 500gb m.2
would prefer it to be future proof, overclocking capabilities?, budget of 250-350.

I was looking at the ROG Strix x570-E but its out of stock so figured id get the opinions of those who know way more than I do before I commit to buying anything. :confused:

thanks!.

Soldato
motherboard to be paired with a ryzen 7 5800, 3080, 36gb corsair vengeance ram, 500gb m.2
would prefer it to be future proof, overclocking capabilities?, budget of 250-350.

I was looking at the ROG Strix x570-E but its out of stock so figured id get the opinions of those who know way more than I do before I commit to buying anything. :confused:

thanks!.

Better RMA/support with Gigabyte UK

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £560.99 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

B550 Aorus can run 5950x easily aswell if you need to save a little cash .
X570 has better m.2 allowance

Associate
I've got an MSI x570 Tomahawk as well. BIOS flash for the 5600X on the bench didn't work, but tried again once built and it was fine. Nice BIOS and fan control and pretty much one click to get memory profile loaded for 3600. I also like how the case fan headers are all next to each other in a row at the bottom of the board.

Chipset fan can be put in silent mode in BIOS. Mine never comes on, so it's all nice and quiet.

Soldato
I've got an MSI x570 Tomahawk as well. BIOS flash for the 5600X on the bench didn't work, but tried again once built and it was fine. Nice BIOS and fan control and pretty much one click to get memory profile loaded for 3600. I also like how the case fan headers are all next to each other in a row at the bottom of the board.

Chipset fan can be put in silent mode in BIOS. Mine never comes on, so it's all nice and quiet.

Wonder if MSI will follow Gigabyte and release Fanless version . Asus only did it for flagship refresh which is a shame

Associate
Wonder if MSI will follow Gigabyte and release Fanless version . Asus only did it for flagship refresh which is a shame

I'm not sure but I don't see the fan as an issue. Sure it would be better if a passive design is used, so long as it can guarantee keeping temperatures down - although I don't see why not as I can't seem to get my chipset temp high enough to engage the fan, even when playing ARMA 3 on Ultra settings at 4k Ultra Wide (see image). It would be interesting to know how effective the fan actually is though, I've only tested at low temps and it seems to only drop the temp by a degree or two. It might be more effective at high temperatures but I don't know.

ARMA-3-Temps.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom