Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I had my GT86 polished, and a ceramic coating applied - Carpro cq uk 3.0. Detailer has recommended Carpro Reload to use after my maintenance washes.

From reading about it, it's a sealant top up as opposed to an outright quick detailer. What's a good pH-neutral quick detailer these days, that I can keep in the car for occasional wipedowns? I would usually use Meguiar's Quik Detailer which has a pH 7.5-8.5, so could I keep using that?

Associate
Any advice on getting something a bit more abrasive than the scholl concepts s20 AIO compound with their purple spider pads? I've used it on my M4 and whilst its taken out some scratches, there's still a lot of scratches noted on the surface. I'm wondering whether I should have gone at it with their more abrasive, blue pads?

Underboss
I had my GT86 polished, and a ceramic coating applied - Carpro cq uk 3.0. Detailer has recommended Carpro Reload to use after my maintenance washes.

From reading about it, it's a sealant top up as opposed to an outright quick detailer. What's a good pH-neutral quick detailer these days, that I can keep in the car for occasional wipedowns? I would usually use Meguiar's Quik Detailer which has a pH 7.5-8.5, so could I keep using that?

if you want to keep the car clean , in-between washes without water
i recommend optimum opti clean

Soldato
Any advice on getting something a bit more abrasive than the scholl concepts s20 AIO compound with their purple spider pads? I've used it on my M4 and whilst its taken out some scratches, there's still a lot of scratches noted on the surface. I'm wondering whether I should have gone at it with their more abrasive, blue pads?
You ideally want to have a few different compounds.. BMW paint if I remember right is quite hard so s20 might not be aggressive enough to correct it.. it did do really well on my soft Japanese paint that scratches just by looking at it.

Soldato

I like Sonax Cut max, Perfect Finish combo. You could maybe look at some of the short pile wool or microfibre URO pads. What machine are you using?

Soldato
Just a heads-up for anyone looking to buy snow foam — Bilt Hamber have a newish product called 'Touchless'. John at Forensic Detailing rates it higher than the BH Auto Foam (which won his snow foam comparison test). Both Auto Foam and Touchless are strong alkaline but non-caustic, so not for you if you want a pH neutral snow foam, but I think I'll try Touchless when my Magifoam runs out.

Soldato
How do you go about removing water spots from your cars paint?

I live in a hard water area and after washing my partners car I have noticed that I have splashed my car and it has since been baked on by the sun in a small area luckily and they are quite bad due to the beading.

Last edited:
Associate
Koch Chemie FSE is very well regarded at removing water spots.

Using a DI vessel would also help, I have hard water here at nearly 300ppm and using it for a final rinse means that I can leave the cars to air dry if required with no water spots.

Soldato
I wondered if people have a good go to online store? I've ordered from in2detailing before but their stock holding appears to be horrific. I would say a good percentage of what I want is out of stock and has been for a while.

Soldato
In2detailing have a lot of good products I use but I agree their stock is very hit and miss. I think he has an eBay store too which I'm sure I've ordered from in the past. Might be work having a look to see if items are in stock/listed on eBay store.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

How do you all protect your hands while washing the car? I've just ordered some Black Mamba (black nitrile) gloves (which seem highly recommended by many), but it seems (I'm theorising, I haven't got them yet) when I dip my hand into the soapy bucket (inside the lambswool washing mitt), water and soap are going to get inside the black mambas, thus negating their purpose. Are the gloves meant to be super tight so relatively little water actually gets in? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom