***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I want to buy either the ISD or Millennium Falcon but can’t decide which! I think the Falcon has been out longer so will retire sooner, but I think the ISD looks better!

Associate
ISD is far easier to display. If you intend to get both then the Falcon will retire first. If you only want 1 then the ISD is a great set.

Be aware it is massive and displaying it can be awkward. I have mine on a wickedbrick angled stand so it’s not quite as deep on a shelf.

Soldato
The falcon on the angled POXL display stand is kinda easy to display as the stand gives it a much smaller footprint and for about £20 is well worth it.

I personally don’t like the ISD, so for me the choice would be obvious, especially with £100 off at Smyths.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Okay, I had a stroll into town and bought the ISD, could have got it £100 cheaper at JL but I got free stuff and it was double VIP points on Star Wars so it's probably evened itself out.

Wasn't really expecting the box to be so heavy, but then it's far far bigger than any set I've ever had. Yea it's expensive, but I'm sure I'll always be able to recoup a lot of the cost if I ever needed to.

Now I need to decide if I try and build it now, or wait until summer as I might be moving in July! I'm tempted to wait.

Soldato
Popped in to Glasgow this afternoon. Big queue outside the store.

Had planned on picking up Vader and the Probe droid, but they had sold out of them and most other helmets.

Ended up getting the Stormtrooper helmet amd Lukes X-Wing. Free Tattoine set as well, but none of the imperial shuttle. Instead I got given Amelia earheart and HP book of monsters free.

So all in all not a bad pick up.

Caporegime
The falcon on the angled POXL display stand is kinda easy to display as the stand gives it a much smaller footprint and for about £20 is well worth it.

I personally don’t like the ISD, so for me the choice would be obvious, especially with £100 off at Smyths.

Same. Any model that is 100 percent one colour just doesn't work for me.
It's a shame. The shape, the size etc all looks great. It even looks good on the box. But seeing it in real life it just looked 'grey'

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Keep periodically checking the Bonsai Tree but it's never in stock.

The new bird of paradise looks good as well, will be picking up one or two of them.

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/bird-of-paradise-10289

I guess you aren't close enough to a store to go and buy one? I think I've seen them in Brighton & Bluewater recently.

I think I'm going to take my ISD back tomorrow, looked into the model a bit more and it seems too pale for me, I love it, I just wish it was a bit darker. I might swap it for the Falcon but I'm undecided, need to decide by the morning if I want to swap as it's the last double points day.

I could refund & buy at Smyths but I guess they'll want the GWPs back :D

Soldato
The tree was in stock a couple of weeks ago on Lego.com, I got one.

They also had them on my local Smyths, no flowers though.

You can sign up for email alerts on the product page I think.

Back
Top Bottom