Bill Gates divorce

Soldato
Bill Dates.

An endless supply of money hungry babes are given the opportunity to show just how far they are prepared to go for a chance at hooking up with a real life billionaire. Should make for some highbrow TV.

To be fair, the gates foundation has already pledged over a billion dollars to combat hunger. It's a lot more complex than just giving starving people money to buy food to solve the problem.

You are correct. A subscription to a delivery service would be a more practical long term solution.

Jeez. Breathtaking...or are you joking?

I think your statement says something about your state of mind

If you're not familiar with jsmoke take a look at his posting history. Assuming of course that you can handle an alternative reality fuelled by conspiracy theories.

Soldato
An endless supply of money hungry babes are given the opportunity to show just how far they are prepared to go for a chance at hooking up with a real life billionaire. Should make for some highbrow TV.

You are correct. A subscription to a delivery service would be a more practical long term solution.

If you're not familiar with jsmoke take a look at his posting history. Assuming of course that you can handle an alternative reality fuelled by conspiracy theories.
I think you'll find its more along the lines of.

Give a man or women (gotta be pc right) a fish and they will eat for a day, teach a man or women to fish and they will eat everyday.

So rather than just handing out bags of grain to people in developing countries, you teach them how to farm and provide them the necessary equipment to do so.

Soldato
Maybe so but as said that is tied up in investments not hard cash. Its those investments which means that since 1994 he has given $$50bn away to charity. And his promise of 95% of his wealth giving away was during his life or his death. We will have to see where his money goes when he dies to see if he fulfilled his 95% promise.

Still he is doing better than most billionaires and is at least trying to encourage others to follow suit.

Pretty sure he has given most of it away more than once. It's why is isn't in #1 richest person anymore. He just makes it back so fast he shoots back up the rankings though.

Soldato
I think you'll find its more along the lines of.

Give a man or women (gotta be pc right) a fish and they will eat for a day, teach a man or women to fish and they will eat everyday.

So rather than just handing out bags of grain to people in developing countries, you teach them how to farm and provide them the necessary equipment to do so.
Typically whilst mandating which vendors are preferred to supply said equipment, purchased through a closed bidding process. Ideally said equipment should come from Caterpillar. No reason why though :p

Soldato
Conspiracy theorism is a mental illness. Once you see it like that, it's like asking someone to stop being depressed.

Its not a mental illness, some people are straight-up stupid.

Like these **** that go around refusing to wear a mask and having badges that they bought off of eBay or printed themselves, saying that they are exempt..

I did 2 24h events last year wearing masks for 10/12 hours at a time, not the same mask as we swap them out every 4 hours or so, but literally wearing a mask for a while day, baring when we eat, then you get these dipshits that can't wear a mask because they can't breathe, yeah right, try lugging kit around a race circuit with a mask on, or like I was last month, in the sodding desert with 30+ degree heat..
Some of these anti-mask cocks are the same bunch of 'tards that 2 years ago were wearing masks because they didn't want the government spying on them via CCTV, yeah right, I've worked with AI people tracking stuff that doesn't just look at your face, it looks at your clothes, how you walk and so on, facial recognition is just a small part of it but if the government says it, you must rise up and do the opposite, even if they say the grass is green and the sky is blue, they must be lying and trying to control you....

aaaaany way...

Soldato
It looks like the foundation trades for different shares actually, it has a massive holding of Berkshire hathaway shares amongst others. As I said the long term income is worth more than short term cash boosts.

Those were donated by Warren Buffet as part of the pledge Bill Gates got other billionaires to agree to

Caporegime
Pretty sure he has given most of it away more than once. It's why is isn't in #1 richest person anymore. He just makes it back so fast he shoots back up the rankings though.

Surprisingly no, he's worth $129bn so with $50bn given away he hasnt got close to giving away half his wealth. However by not cashing in every share and giving them away once (he only owns 1% of Microsoft but 62.9% of his net wealth are shares in tech companies which generate huge profits) he can keep giving away billions per year and not actually get any poorer.

Caporegime
One of the Derek Chauvin jurors lied on a form and it turns out is basically a BLM protester/activist and the people are being showered with Bill Gates divorce headlines, the absolute state of modern corporate media and the people who still watch it.

Caporegime
One of the Derek Chauvin jurors lied on a form and it turns out is basically a BLM protester/activist and the people are being showered with Bill Gates divorce headlines, the absolute state of modern corporate media and the people who still watch it.

So you think Bill Gates is getting divorced to cover up one of the Jurors lying on a form???? You have fallen deep, deep, deep down the rabbit hole................

Associate
Hmm. Why their divorce is discussed in the first place? Have I missed something? What difference does it make how much their proportion will be if there is no split? Or there is?

Soldato
Hmm. Why their divorce is discussed in the first place? Have I missed something? What difference does it make how much their proportion will be if there is no split? Or there is?
It doesn't matter at all, gives the conspiracy theorists some ammo, though.

Associate

People love talking about other peoples' money and how they should spend it
People love gloating over others' misfortunes

Also, there's a lesson in it for everyone - money can't buy you happiness
No matter how many times we are told this, we just don't believe it - I include myself in this
It's inconceivable to us mere mortals that a big slug of cash wouldn't solve all our problems
99.999% of us think if "I had BG's money, my life would be great" despite the evidence
Although, TBF, they are probably both happier now they are getting divorced!

Associate
People love talking about other peoples' money and how they should spend it
People love gloating over others' misfortunes

Also, there's a lesson in it for everyone - money can't buy you happiness
No matter how many times we are told this, we just don't believe it - I include myself in this
It's inconceivable to us mere mortals that a big slug of cash wouldn't solve all our problems
99.999% of us think if "I had BG's money, my life would be great" despite the evidence
Although, TBF, they are probably both happier now they are getting divorced!

I genuinely believe this is ********. Money solves problems if you have enough of it. There was a guy who won 6 million on the lotto who then lost all his friends after he paid off their mortgages and they moved away. Did he regret winning the money? he reply was, Nope, I don't have to cycle for 6 miles in the ******* rain to a job I didn't like anyway, if I feel a bit down I can afford to jump on a plane and go to Barbados instead. I think I would love to have a few million quid in the bank to see if I spending some of it made me a bit happier. I think there is certainly value in things that you have worked hard to obtain though.

Associate
The real issue is what's enough

again, I am not sure there is ever enough. There was a guy who was interviewed for a magazine a while ago, he was comfortably earning a six figure salary for one of the major banks. His kids went to private school and they had a nice house. His social circle is mainly friend and family and some of the parents of the school his kids go to. He said in the interview that he thought he was rich but when he saw some of the parents of the kids that went to the same school as his kids did he was poor compared to some of them. He said he might be in the top 1% of earners in the country but he makes money for the top 1% of those people and he will never be able to compete.

Back
Top Bottom