*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
I can see making a case for either man but I think Chisora edged it. I want to know what fight that Polish judge watched to give it 116-111. Even ignoring the 10-8 round that is far too wide. Parker is done at world level, for me. After watching his last 2 fights be stinkers I'm over him.

the Taylor vs Jonas should've been main event. Those two ladies went to war.

Caporegime
He really didnt. The knockdown, which wasnt a knockdown, was the only reason it was ever close.

he was robbed it was so funny even hearn was out the stadium before it finished lol. he had the knockdown which was weak but probably 7 to 8 rounds aswell. other guy won maybe the last two or three. 116 - 111 haha some big back handers was done with this fight. at worst you would have called it a draw. i actually said why they were matched up. they wanted the younger person to win. chisora getting on not much more to get out of him. the young guy winning you can line up a big money fight. also odds as well for betting.

Soldato
I didn't think he got robbed. It was a close fight but I always felt the cleaner work was coming from Parker. However, There is a debate to be had on this as my preference for cleaner tidier boxing is subjective as it may well be with judges. Chisora is a remarkable guy but an unremarkable boxer and I think that's his problem. At the higher levels he hasn't been able to step up. You only have to look at his record - he has never won against a world level fighter despite some credible, durable performances.
https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/381739
He's just not good enough to live with the best of the division. Quite honestly why he keeps getting decent fights is beyond me. Parker at least has victories against Ruiz, Takam and went the distance with Joshua and Dillian Whyte. Plus he's only 29 and might still improve a bit. Let's hope the bloke has made enough cash to retire now and he moves on.

Soldato
Cant blame him eddie hearn is screwing bjs over

they wanted to box in a 24ft ring (mayweather always insists on 24ft) but hearn and canelo have come up with a 20ft ring that takes away bjs footwork advantage

canelo is already fighting at home should just give him the 24ft ring

Caporegime
18FT ring is a joke, that's used in the amateurs. A 22FT ring seems a reasonable compromise and according to Tom Saunders the fight would go ahead with that.

In all likelihood BJS would need a knockout to get a draw, so i don't understand why Canelo would refuse this compromise and pick up the W.

I suspect they think it's just a charade and the fight will go ahead. But unless they compromise, I am sure BJS will walk away.

Remember similar happening in the Fury Klit fight previously.

Soldato
18FT ring is a joke, that's used in the amateurs. A 22FT ring seems a reasonable compromise and according to Tom Saunders the fight would go ahead with that.

In all likelihood BJS would need a knockout to get a draw, so i don't understand why Canelo would refuse this compromise and pick up the W.

I suspect they think it's just a charade and the fight will go ahead. But unless they compromise, I am sure BJS will walk away.

Remember similar happening in the Fury Klit fight previously.

Fury fight was about the springiness of the ring floor.

Back
Top Bottom