• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What ever happened to the forum deals?

Associate
I wont be using the forum deals if they happen again. I am still waiting for my 3090 which at the end of January was "coming soon" when I pre ordered. However I do appreciate that OCuk are/have tried to help and I hope that the situation eases soon.

Soldato
Yeah it's all a bit strange as they are happy to ship certain items, but not others.
Add a GPU, CPU or monitor to the basket and it comes up and says it cannot be delivered to your location. :(
They lost around £800 from me a few weeks ago due to this as i wanted to order a 256gb Quest 2 headset , Oculus Link cable, Elite strap and a 9900k cpu but they will not post this order to guernsey due to the cpu
(which at the time they had 10+ of these cpu's instock)

It Strange & annoying for a business to force there old customers to go and shop else where

Last edited:
They lost around £800 from me a few weeks ago due to this as i wanted to order a 256gb Quest 2 headset , Oculus Link cable, Elite strap and a 9900k cpu but they will not post this order to guernsey due to the cpu

It Strange & annoying for a business to force there old customers to go and shop else where

Between Guernsey and Jersey I'm sure they have lost quite a few orders like yours.
What I don't get is other UK based businesses are shipping CPUs and monitors to the Channel Islands (obviously not GPUs as there just isn't any/many).

Caporegime
Whatever happened to ocuk actually selling gpu's? Are we meant to believe every 3 or 6 series card is out of stock or are they stockpiling for a drop, or are pre orders still trickling through in low numbers which is their focus? Would surprise me if many pre-orders from last year are still holding out considering the TI series is meant to be coming soon.

Associate
Whatever happened to ocuk actually selling gpu's? Are we meant to believe every 3 or 6 series card is out of stock or are they stockpiling for a drop, or are pre orders still trickling through in low numbers which is their focus? Would surprise me if many pre-orders from last year are still holding out considering the TI series is meant to be coming soon.

It's speculated the miners are buying directly from the manufacturer, hoovering up all the supply

Caporegime
I don’t think OcuK really sell many GPUs anymore. It is a shame as I used to buy most of my gear here but these days they never price competitively so I shop elsewhere for much better deals.

Associate

Not sure if it's Brexit or poor planning but defiantly think it's strange that all shipping methods just disappeared early this year. The staff here were good to reinstate it, so I'm hoping OCUK see's the value in continuing to do business with us. Historically OCUK has had quite the following on the islands. There's no one in the local tech industry who doesn't know about them and I've been ordering from OCUK since 2013. Given how difficult it is to get a GPU without any local shops selling them, I hope that when the 3080 ti launches that they'll spare a though for their far away friends like myself.

Associate
Even though they haven't got any Inno3d RTX3090 iChill X4, the price has gone up yet again to £2489.99, that's another £100 in a month and a bit.

The thing is, we can't see the price when we look on the site, it just says 'available soon'. However, if you add it to your wish list, it shows the present price!

Associate
The forum deals ended because no matter what they did people complained; it was more effort than it was worth.
I don't know about them being ended. Gibbo did confirm they would do more deals but we have not heard from him in a while so it could be a lie and he is keeping his head down. Until he comes out and says something we just don't know which is very frustrating.

Soldato
I don't know about them being ended. Gibbo did confirm they would do more deals but we have not heard from him in a while so it could be a lie and he is keeping his head down. Until he comes out and says something we just don't know which is very frustrating.

He did 2 deals, the MM and the forum - forum deal was scalped by bots and the MM deal , were also resold (and botted - yes MM forum has bots). Along with the continued whinging, then this will be totally dead.

Soldato
but we have not heard from him in a while so it could be a lie and he is keeping his head down.

It's posts like this which probably go some way to explaining why OCUK staff aren't bothering with more deals. The staff got loads of flak for trying to do something good and maybe changed their minds about another forum deal. Is it surprising when people like you are waiting to pounce and accuse them of being liars when the vitriol is likely what stopped the deals in the first place?

Associate
Sadly it looks like no good deed goes unpunished.
Very sad for my fellow gamers who don't have any reasonable card right now.
Not sure what "deals" they can do when clearly very few cards are reaching the retailers.

Associate
He did 2 deals, the MM and the forum - forum deal was scalped by bots and the MM deal , were also resold (and botted - yes MM forum has bots). Along with the continued whinging, then this will be totally dead.
The public deal was expected to be bought by scalpers that's just common sense, Gibbo was just trying to be fair to everyone which is commendable. But after that deal and the MM deal Gibbo said there would be more deals and has not said anything else since then so their is still hope.

Soldato
The public deal was expected to be bought by scalpers that's just common sense, Gibbo was just trying to be fair to everyone which is commendable. But after that deal and the MM deal Gibbo said there would be more deals and has not said anything else since then so their is still hope.
They have sold more , via the website - i guess you missed that. More RTX 3060 and 6700XT, even mentioned on the forum. The MM deal was also botted; ergo - this is dead.

Associate
It's posts like this which probably go some way to explaining why OCUK staff aren't bothering with more deals. The staff got loads of flak for trying to do something good and maybe changed their minds about another forum deal. Is it surprising when people like you are waiting to pounce and accuse them of being liars when the vitriol is likely what stopped the deals in the first place?
Dude, calm the hell down. If you can read I didnt accuse anyone of being a liar, I simply said he could have, it is very well they have changed their minds about doing deals which is their right to do so. But if you say you are going to do something and then don't, does that not make you a liar? As I have said before, they have done well by us who have MM access and they were looking at ways to expand this to have more gamers access to these deals. I just hope they managed to find a solution.

OcUK Staff

We still have around 4000 back orders in total on our system, of course people are holding out where possible as most product has now doubled in cost.

More forum deals will happen, but we are still trying to perfect a solution, so there is no timescale on more deals at present, but hopefully this month.

We also do make drops to the website also at market pricing, but they tend to sell out instantly.

Back
Top Bottom