• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Associate
Played the New demo for resident evil over the weekend, so far felt just as i had hoped and really enjoyed it. Got Friday booked off work and the game pre-ordered going to have a nice supply of snacks and takeaways and have a good weekend :D

First time in a long time the PS5 has got any action at all, controller was completely dead due to not using it lol.

I am tempted by returnal, but for £70 it can do one. No way i am paying that for any game, i can just about stomach £49.99. Resident evil is costing £44 and by all accounts im pretty sure i will enjoy it a lot more, so why returnal can think they can get away with such high prices is beyond me.

Soldato
I am tempted by returnal, but for £70 it can do one. No way i am paying that for any game, i can just about stomach £49.99. Resident evil is costing £44 and by all accounts im pretty sure i will enjoy it a lot more, so why returnal can think they can get away with such high prices is beyond me.

It does seem abit of a miss step by Sony but they look to be sticking to it.

Money talks, but I'm like you and hearing others also that would have given Returnal a look at £40/50 but at £70? no thanks, games at £70 are going to have to be real must have before I pay £70 for them on release.

Soldato
It's pretty much a 9/10 game everywhere so it's definitely good enough for a day one purchase. I also think £70 is a bit steep but when games are being released so infrequently I'm happy to bite even at that price - physical at least. I don't regret it at all I've been playing for 15 hours already and I've barely even started it! The genre and difficulty will be a bigger turn off than the price for most.

Soldato
It's pretty much a 9/10 game everywhere so it's definitely good enough for a day one purchase. I also think £70 is a bit steep but when games are being released so infrequently I'm happy to bite even at that price - physical at least. I don't regret it at all I've been playing for 15 hours already and I've barely even started it! The genre and difficulty will be a bigger turn off than the price for most.

But those are critic scores and they don't factor in price (they may mention it) as they don't pay for the games. User score is sitting at 7.5.

Seen a few copies go for £45 on Facebook if you don't mind picking up locally.

Caporegime
I think when the dust settles it will go down as a good game but people are that starved of next-gen goodness they'll latch onto anything at this point. For me, I see Resident Evil Village a few days away which is £10 cheaper and much more of a known quantity, it's not a tough decision which to buy but even with that I'll await user reviews. If Cyberpunk has taught us anything it's not to believe professional reviewers who get sent free copies with all kinds of strings attached and incentives to be generous with their reviews in order to get future freebies.

Soldato
I paid ~£70 for demons souls at PS5 launch and, as good a game as it is, I still feel like I was mugged at that price. You can easily get demons souls for £30-40 now just a few months later.

I let it slide as I had to have something to play on my new console at the time. I won't be paying that much again though!

Soldato
It's the reason I went for the disc console, at the very least I can trade/sell games I'm done with to take some of sting out of £70 games.

As above though I think I'm likely going to be waiting for user reviews, I really want Ratchet & Clank but I'm wincing at the price tag and won't feel more comfortable until I know how much content I'm going to be getting at the very least.

Associate
So far I've not spent more than £30 for any of my ps5 collection thanks to eBay, vinted, cex, my local gameshop and HotUKDeals.i nearly always buy used.

Demon souls £30, Godfall £29, AC Valhalla £28, Fenyx £26, borderlands 3 £15, Division 2 £4, destiny 2 Dlc and season pass £28, watchdogs legion £12 (a vinted user sold me the PS4 copy which has a free ps5 update).

I'm looking out for cheap copies of outriders, sackboy and Returnal (I can dream) but won't get any of them until they are below £30.

I will probably break my rule for Elden Ring which I cannot wait for.

Associate
Not really kept myself "in the loop" since picking one up in November for my stepson. I'm now on the lookout for one given the game I play the most is getting it's yearly update with "next gen" in mind and my PS4 while running it is similar to a 747 spooling up.

When do we expect the next shipment to land?

The Series S is readily available at sub £300 if that helps. Not seen much on the PS5 front when i've scoured the stock informer places.

Associate
Biggest cost for me has to be Hitman 3...

£45 for the game
£15 for Hitman 1
£12 for Hitman 2
£25 for Seven Deadly Sins

And still more DLC's that I haven't bought yet.... But I'm spending so much time on it I don't mind the cost!

Soldato
For me demons souls at launch( ~£70 :eek:) is still the only ps5 game I've bought! :D

Nothing else new really struck me as worth buying since then though I'm tempted by both Returnal and Resident Evil Village this month.

Soldato
The controllers would seem to be a weak point, or at least there appear to be lots of complaints about them. My lad’s is away to Sony for repair. His was one of the L-2 or R-2 buttons that the spring went on.

saying that, I’m sure that’s normal, considering how many units have shipped.

Back
Top Bottom