• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Delayed Again, Now Launching Alongside RTX 3070 Ti in June

Permabanned
Well, Godfall didn't also run well at 4K with RT enabled on a 3070.

Now RE:Village is added to the list.

Card is EOL for 4K Ray Tracing, despite being capable.

Happy reminder BTW, these tests are done on "clean systems". They shut off as much as background programs possible.

kexk6cU.png

LZAlt9l.png

ePG4FU5.png

Now, let's see a real world example with Steam, Rockstar Launcher and Discord opened in the background.

Windows will casually bloat your VRAM, and there's little you can do to combat it.

All modern APPs these days will use some VRAM.

M7fIrFe.png

It's neither Ubisoft's nor Capcom's blame if this card can't push 4K Ray Tracing. VRAM is clearly not enough, and they still are on a dedicated to release a GDRR6X 8 GB 3070 Ti for what?

This is what I experience at 1440p with a 3070 in Godfall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ_3cqNh-Ag

8 GB is just "borderline" enough for 1440p, and that is if you shut down all the programs in the background like you would do on a "budget" old 2 GB GTX 770!

Last edited:
Soldato
It's funny how suddenly the crowd who were all saying "8gb is enough for now" "10gb is enough for several years", have changed their tune and now it's "games that need more than 8gb vram must be broken, the developer needs to fix their game it uses too much memory"

Soldato
I don't think I have ever owned a card that could max all my games...not even when the cards were new.

My 1080 Ti couldn't do it, and my 3080 can't do it either. I'm neither surprised nor disappointed.

Maybe one day my 3080 will buckle from vram usage, but it's already buckling from raw raster performance on my favorite sim in VR. (whilst allocating only 6 freaking gb of vram)

Vram will have to wait its turn for now. My 3080 already has its hands full with raw power requirements it simply can't meet.

Soldato
I don't think I have ever owned a card that could max all my games...not even when the cards were new.

My 1080 Ti couldn't do it, and my 3080 can't do it either. I'm neither surprised nor disappointed.

Maybe one day my 3080 will buckle from vram usage, but it's already buckling from raw raster performance on my favorite sim in VR. (whilst allocating only 6 freaking gb of vram)

Vram will have to wait its turn for now. My 3080 already has its hands full with raw power requirements it simply can't meet.
I couldn’t agree more! My 3080 may be close in 1 title to vram limit but when your struggling to get 30fps it’s kinda irrelevant. It’s like worrying about running out of petrol when your car engine was out of oil a week ago!

Permabanned
I couldn’t agree more! My 3080 may be close in 1 title to vram limit but when your struggling to get 30fps it’s kinda irrelevant. It’s like worrying about running out of petrol when your car engine was out of oil a week ago!
Well, it doesn't look like 3070's engine was out of oil in the RE Village, does it? 2080ti clearly does 4k 60+ FPS with RT enabled. 3070 drops to 40s.

I can assure you similar will happen to 3080 at some point, but I don't think Nvidia would let it until they release their own 16 gig cards. Once that happens, you can kiss goodbye being safe at 10 GB though.

But with people's ecenomical freedom in this forum, I'm pretty sure an upgrade is easy for a lot of you anyways. So I don't even know why there's so much discussion. XD

Soldato

I don't see any mention of DLSS in the charts either? On? Off?

Soldato
Well, it doesn't look like 3070's engine was out of oil in the RE Village, does it? 2080ti clearly does 4k 60+ FPS with RT enabled. 3070 drops to 40s.

I can assure you similar will happen to 3080 at some point, but I don't think Nvidia would let it until they release their own 16 gig cards. Once that happens, you can kiss goodbye being safe at 10 GB though.

But with people's ecenomical freedom in this forum, I'm pretty sure an upgrade is easy for a lot of you anyways. So I don't even know why there's so much discussion. XD
Well a quick google shows the 3070 has no issues at 4K with RT on?
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ance-the-almost-perfect-pc-port-we-all-needed

Not that I wish to discuss the 3070 as my original point was on the 3080 which in my games is flat out of raster performance but no where near its vram limits. It’s already failed just not on vram performance, a far more accurate way to put down the 3080 would be to ask if it’s raster performance can match its vram, answer is sadly no...

Permabanned
Back
Top Bottom