*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
It’s all a bit of pantomime to hype the fight, same as Chisora and all his walk on bull last week. No doubt there will be some comedy over gloves or wraps before the fight as well.

20 foot ring, 24 foot ring or inside a phone box I can’t see Saunders winning that fight regardless. Doesn’t have the power to stop Canelo and he’d need to win every round to get a draw over there.

Soldato
It’s all a bit of pantomime to hype the fight, same as Chisora and all his walk on bull last week. No doubt there will be some comedy over gloves or wraps before the fight as well.

20 foot ring, 24 foot ring or inside a phone box I can’t see Saunders winning that fight regardless. Doesn’t have the power to stop Canelo and he’d need to win every round to get a draw over there.

agreed - ring size is all just bluster/excuses before the fight - As good as Saunders is - Canelo is just another level.

Soldato
BJS will be looking to survive and will consider it a victory if he's able to walk out the ring after 12 rounds. If he catches Canelo clean with his best shot I doubt he'll even flinch tbh. He's gonna have to try do a Mayweather on him.

Soldato
By the way, does anyone pay for and use the DAZN app? What's it like as it seems a bargain to me, especially after rumours that matchroom are leaving Sky and joining DAZN. I'm sure we'll see a price bump in future.

Caporegime
By the way, does anyone pay for and use the DAZN app? What's it like as it seems a bargain to me, especially after rumours that matchroom are leaving Sky and joining DAZN. I'm sure we'll see a price bump in future.
Atm it’s definitely a bargain, but with Eddie Hearn getting his oar in, it remains to be seen how long it lasts until the price skyrockets.

I’m confident it will go up to between £7.99-£9.99 a month.

Soldato

It was terrific in Germany when I was there, I got all the English premiership football and rugby, Six Nations, NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB, La Liga, and they even started buying the Champions League latter stages. Plus the boxing of course, and UFC. For 10 euros a month.

I'm sure that was a major loss-leader for them....but the service was great. I'll definitely be signing up in the UK once they have more sports.

Soldato
agreed - ring size is all just bluster/excuses before the fight - As good as Saunders is - Canelo is just another level.
Ok so straight up I haven't seen that much of BJS in the ring but nothing in his record suggests he can live with Canelo unless Canelo has got complacent. Who has BJS beaten that's really any good - A split decision with Eubank Jr six years ago? He's hardly had a KO win since his early days and his out of the ring antics are not endearing. I can't see him doing much in this fight other than trying to hit and hide. Canelo walks through everything and has every punch in the book. Canelo will knock him out in 8

Soldato
From what I can tell he entirely depends on what type of Billy Joe turns up. He can be very good or pretty average, either way I can't see him winning.

Thinking about it more neither boxer are particularly pleasant characters. A draw or both to lose would be a decent result for me :p

Caporegime
Just signed up to Dazn to watch this, come on BJS.

I will Kevin Keegan love it if he wins, but i think he needs nothing short of a miracle to beat the Judges, never mind Canelo.

Even if he loses, i just hope it's a good entertaining fight and not a let down via quick stoppage or knockout, or a robbery in the unlikely chance he boxes better than Canelo.

Soldato
BJS can definitely cause some problems early but Canelo won't worry and will eventually grind him down and overpower him. Wouldn't be surprised if Saunders wins 3 or 4 early rounds but not much after that imo.

Canelo is easily top P4P as far as I'm concerned. He beats everyone in and around his weight class for me.

Soldato
OK i've been living overseas for a long time now. What is public opinion of BJS in the UK? The British public usually really gets behind their fighters. More so than any other country, apart from maybe Mexico. ....No thanks..... But hey, they seem to like Tyson Fury sorta. Mind you, he's not been such a %^&$^$ outside the ring though has he. BJS has acted like scum in a couple of video's i've seen. I specifically remember the video where he got some prostitute like woman, offered her a 100quid to smack a random guy in the face. Which she did, being a desperate rosser. Then being the scumbag that BJS is, he sped off, without even paying her. Also his interviews, he tries to be funny or have humor, but just doesn't pull it off. Like that time he was pretending to teach us all how to smack a woman up. I get it, he was just trying to be funny, but it didn't come off very well. I mean he's no Jimmy Carr. Anyway, typically a fight like this, the nation normally gets behind our guy, but BJS isn't your typical appeal to the masses kind of guy is he.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OK i've been living overseas for a long time now. What is public opinion of BJS in the UK? The British public usually really gets behind their fighters. More so than any other country, apart from maybe Mexico. But hey, they seem to like Tyson Fury sorta. Mind you, he's not been such a %^&$^$ outside the ring though has he. BJS has acted like scum in a couple of video's i've seen. I specifically remember the video where he got some prostitute like woman, offered her a 100quid to smack a random guy in the face. Which she did, being a desperate rosser. Then being the scumbag that BJS is, he sped off, without even paying her. Also his interviews, he tries to be funny or have humor, but just doesn't pull it off. Like that time he was pretending to teach us all how to smack a woman up. I get it, he was just trying to be funny, but it didn't come off very well. I mean he's no Jimmy Carr. Anyway, typically a fight like this, the nation normally gets behind our guy, but BJS isn't your typical appeal to the masses kind of guy is he.
I think you summed up my feelings about him pretty well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
There a good bit of anger or hate at gypsies all over the country, anywhere they go they show complete disregard for, usually smashing the place up or ruining it. That's probably where it stems from. All tarred by same brush.

Back
Top Bottom