**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Thread ****

Soldato
Same, came today.

Any solid news we'll get a Note 21 this year? If they don't release one in 2021 they may as well scrap them.

Samsung have stated no Note this year

The Fold 3 is getting hybrid spen support

During Samsung’s 52nd annual shareholder’s meeting, DJ Koh, co-CEO of Samsung’s IT and Mobile Communications division, mentioned that it might be difficult for the company to launch the Galaxy Note 21 series this year due to a severe shortage of chips and the clash with existing products (the Galaxy S21 Ultra). However, he said that Samsung intends to launch a new Galaxy Note model in 2022. DJ Koh also said that launch timelines for next year’s Galaxy Note might differ from previous launches.

DJ Koh said, “Galaxy Note is an important product category to us that has been continuously loved by consumers for the past 10 years in the global market. The S Pen user experience is an area that Samsung’s mobile business has worked harder on than anybody else. Their launch timing may be different, but we will make sure that we don’t let Galaxy Note consumers down.

Associate
"...but we will make sure that we don’t let Galaxy Note consumers down". I'd go a hundred for Fold 3 via upgrade but anymore I'd have to think hard as I'll probably end up travelling back to work by then, not sure I want to lug it around.

Associate
Yeah I'm of the same opinion, not sure I would pay the extra for the Fold 3, especially as the cameras allegedly won't be up there with the best.

I might even hold out for next year for the Note, let's see what the upgrade offer is and full spec.

Associate
For those who have used the Samsung Upgrade program before, when do they tend to offer you the upgrade and how does it usually go?
The upgrade usually happens when the next model is released as in if you started with the S20 then your next upgrade would be the S21.
The process is pretty seamless and usually takes around 1 to 2 weeks to complete.

There is a June security update today also for the Note 20 Ultra.

Associate
Saw couple web sites suggesting Galaxy S21 FE would be the upgrade path for Note 20 Ultra. Never heard of these "Fan Edition" models but from what I can gather they're actually downgraded versions of the G21 so hell no. If I'm offered this by Samsung Upgrade program come August I'll be fuming. It's either Fold 3 for free or some minor charge (eg £100) or GS21 Ultra with some serious freebies beyond their typical standard buds or wiresless charger.

Associate
Saw couple web sites suggesting Galaxy S21 FE would be the upgrade path for Note 20 Ultra. Never heard of these "Fan Edition" models but from what I can gather they're actually downgraded versions of the G21 so hell no. If I'm offered this by Samsung Upgrade program come August I'll be fuming. It's either Fold 3 for free or some minor charge (eg £100) or GS21 Ultra with some serious freebies beyond their typical standard buds or wiresless charger.

Indeed, if they offer me the Fan Edition I will be flogging my Note 20 Ultra, paying off the device and moving on altogether I think.

Associate
I'll probably wait for the Note next year (whatever it will be called)
I like the foldable phones but I'm miffed paying 1100 sheets for a phone nevermind the best part of 2 grand for a foldable.

BTW there's a big software update for the Note 20 Uktra 5g weighing in at 1078.98mb for those interested

Soldato
I've last week upgraded to an S21 Ultra, took the £550 trade in + £150 cashback + Harmon Kardon speaker deal.
Have to say that while general performance is not much different battery life is, with the Note Id generally be going to bed with less than 10% sometimes 1-3% with the S21 Ultra I'm at 30-40%.

Associate
I've last week upgraded to an S21 Ultra, took the £550 trade in + £150 cashback + Harmon Kardon speaker deal.
Have to say that while general performance is not much different battery life is, with the Note Id generally be going to bed with less than 10% sometimes 1-3% with the S21 Ultra I'm at 30-40%.
Nice, that's an annoying part of the Note 20 Ultra exynos 990, the S21 ultra Exynos has much better battery life for sure.

Associate
I splashed £1k on the Note 20 don't fancy adding a minimum £300-400 on top for a fold-able not until they integrate the Spen into 1

Yeah it seems the pen is still not integrated on the Fold 3.

On another note (mwa mwa mwa) my wife smashed the screen on her S9 recently so I bought her the S20FE 5G which has the Snapdragon 865, battery is definitely better than my Note, they both have the 4500mah battery.

Back
Top Bottom