BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
I thought you can set the level of the fan speed, even in auto? I'm sure I can in my e92.

You can yes, I found that alone odd that in Auto I still have to adjust the fan speed as necessary depending on how fast I want it to cool/heat the car.

Just miss in the Audi how it would control that automatically and ramp it up as necessary!

Soldato
I've been told my wait is until July but could be as late as august for the M135i. I am getting quite excited now it's all confirmed though.

Trying to get sell my Golf and have just put it on GumTree. Didn't realise you had to pay for Autotrader, any other selling sites I should check out?

Associate
Trying to get sell my Golf and have just put it on GumTree. Didn't realise you had to pay for Autotrader, any other selling sites I should check out?

I had the most interest with Facebook Marketplace and actually paying £10 for about 9 days of additional impressions.

eBay was good, cost me £20 and had a few enquiries there.

AutoTrader however was where I sold my S3 in the end.

Motors you can list your car on, but I had no luck there, it's mainly just dealership cars on there.

Associate
:confused: What does this mean to a normal human? My car has fan speeds 1 to 7, and auto... or are you playing some kind of mind spaghetti? :p
On mine the fan can be set at auto, and then you select the intensity of the programme. Of course it does correlate to fan speed, but fan speed is indeed set to auto.

Man of Honour
:confused: What does this mean to a normal human? My car has fan speeds 1 to 7, and auto... or are you playing some kind of mind spaghetti? :p

My owners manual describes it as follows:

'When the AUTO function is switched on, automatic control of the intensity can be changed. Pressing the button on the left or right increases or decreases the intensity'

Soldato
On mine the fan can be set at auto, and then you select the intensity of the programme. Of course it does correlate to fan speed, but fan speed is indeed set to auto.
My owners manual describes it as follows:

'When the AUTO function is switched on, automatic control of the intensity can be changed. Pressing the button on the left or right increases or decreases the intensity'
I feel like I'm edging into the 'automatic' debate that was witnessed with taskmaster :p interesting setup though, can't quite see why it's so 'complex' but I'm sure it's perfectly functional...

Associate
I feel like I'm edging into the 'automatic' debate that was witnessed with taskmaster :p interesting setup though, can't quite see why it's so 'complex' but I'm sure it's perfectly functional...
I find it quite useful, because lets say in the winter/summer with the roof up, I don't want air blow into my face, I'd rather the system be gentle. With the roof down, I can appreciate say a warm/refreshing breeze around my face to help me warm up/cool down a bit more.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
I'm not sure what the issue is understanding the BMW A/C controls. Short of the Mercedes S-Class systems which are insanely effective while remaining nearly silent there's no climate system I have experienced that is better than the BMW system. I can't remember the last time I adjusted the climate controls in my BMWs other than the day I bought them.

Soldato
- just the utility of setting fan speed aka intensity when in auto mode .. someone needs to find how it was explained in German

Man of Honour
- just the utility of setting fan speed aka intensity when in auto mode .. someone needs to find how it was explained in German

Stop seeing it as setting the speed. You're not - you're telling it how you like your airflow and it then works automatically within the those parameters. You can leave it in the middle setting if you have no preference.

Soldato
a few seconds google - which corroborates earlier opinions & links, from this thread, sorry - if it quacks like a duck...

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1729841
As already mentioned...the “intensity” setting was BMW‘s capitulation to the owners that complained about the fan being too loud when AUTO mode was selected and ambient temps were in the 80s/90s upward. The intensity setting allows them to still use the AUTO mode but only have the HVAC’s blower run at a lower speed...thus its quieter. But the “con” to this is that it will take longer for the cabin to reach the selected set value in very hot temps.

Soldato
I've been told my wait is until July but could be as late as august for the M135i. I am getting quite excited now it's all confirmed though.

Can I ask if there is some way of tracking a build, as Audi have? My salesperson has stated they'd found an open slot for my M235i GC build and I should provisionally expect a delivery on June 15th but I know there is a shortage of semi-conductors at the moment and this is affecting a number of car factories...

Back
Top Bottom