BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
The M140i is just a regular 1 series with an upgraded/large engine - which is what makes it so good and versatile for many people. An M car is another proposition entirely in terms of handling, ride comfort, etc.

Man of Honour
No ****. The 128ti has the M colour logos and branding which is why i asked, obviously.

So do loads of BMWs? A 2004 320d has M colour logos and branding. It's whatever the model says it is, M lite is just a random made up term the internet came up with.

The 128Ti is a 128Ti, it isn't an M Performance model (These are the M135, M340, M550, X3 M40 etc) or an M car.

Soldato
I had the most interest with Facebook Marketplace and actually paying £10 for about 9 days of additional impressions.

eBay was good, cost me £20 and had a few enquiries there.

AutoTrader however was where I sold my S3 in the end.

Motors you can list your car on, but I had no luck there, it's mainly just dealership cars on there.

Ah I may just pony up and pay the £11 or whatever it was.

Can I ask if there is some way of tracking a build, as Audi have? My salesperson has stated they'd found an open slot for my M235i GC build and I should provisionally expect a delivery on June 15th but I know there is a shortage of semi-conductors at the moment and this is affecting a number of car factories...

Not that I've seen so far but maybe I'll be sent a link closer to the time?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
image.png

So... I suppose baby m car isn't a bad term for the Mx35i/Mx40i series of cars :cool:

Soldato
image.png

So... I suppose baby m car isn't a bad term for the Mx35i/Mx40i series of cars :cool:

Whatever makes you happy I suppose. They're generally very different beasts to M cars, but BMW are clever enough to make the naming sound so close that it feels like more people are part of the 'M' community.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Whatever makes you happy I suppose. They're generally very different beasts to M cars, but BMW are clever enough to make the naming sound so close that it feels like more people are part of the 'M' community.
I'm not labeling my M140i as an M car, I drove few M3's and the 140i is just the best balanced car for my needs. :D But this photo hopefully explains it better, since F series gen came out I always found it hard to understand it.

Back
Top Bottom