Assetto Corsa Competizione

Associate
Been playing on my xbox lately to get my racing fix while I get a setup sorted, it's definitely is a lot easier with the controller, I am up to SA70 already after a couple weeks. but I'm missing online. So far I'm going for the g923 and the GTomega art RS9 frame so I'll be able to join in again online soon.
Have to wait a few weeks though as heading off to work again:o

Associate
Been playing on my xbox lately to get my racing fix while I get a setup sorted, it's definitely is a lot easier with the controller, I am up to SA70 already after a couple weeks. but I'm missing online. So far I'm going for the g923 and the GTomega art RS9 frame so I'll be able to join in again online soon.
Have to wait a few weeks though as heading off to work again:o

How is the console version? I see they released the British GT pack for console a few days back

Associate
Yeah i still think its worth it as it does mix things up while we wait for Thursday. It was a bit of a shame as my first two RD races has set the standard. Who knows, maybe tonight was a blip and its usually better.

I'm joining the RD staff to help run the club races so hopefully will get cracking on that the next few weeks. Any ideas on places we can post to advertise would be great

Associate
How is the console version? I see they released the British GT pack for console a few days back
I bought it at release and it was pretty much unplayable, a lot of stuttering and being locked at 30fps probably didn't help. But gave it a try a few weeks ago and seems to play pretty good now especially using a pad. Controlling the steering is a wee bit off especially at sharp corners but a lot better than pad on PC. Just added the season pass the other day and got the British GT pack was waiting for it to come out.
So got a career going and started a British GP.

Graphics/ all round playability PC definitely

Maybe it's not so popular on console as couldn't see a thread on here for it.

Associate
It seems to be a theme then with Kunos and the new engine they are using. I remember when it came out on PC it wasn't very refined and ran poorly compared to how it is now.

Mind you, that seems to be the theme for any game these days. Throw it out and patch it to death.

Associate
Yeah I know get it out make the money and sort it later on.
I follow ACC on twitter and they seem quite active at sorting out the issues for the patches.

Soldato
I'm joining the RD staff to help run the club races so hopefully will get cracking on that the next few weeks. Any ideas on places we can post to advertise would be great

Ah excellent. Only just seen this and I've just put a post in the RD thread "WHERE IS EVERYONE" :D

I don't really know to be honest. It seem that are so many bloody options to race with millions of communities with this simgrid and simracing.gp thing, and that's the only two I look at.

Maybe we need a good / big streamer perhaps who has done the ACC races with RD before, to maybe do it again (assuming there is anyone).

Makes me wonder why anyone does the gt3s on iracing. Seems like a dinosaur in comparison.

Soldato
Is it possible for RD to hand out some free premium passes for ACC twitch / YouTube viewer's ?

Even if it's for a month or a few months rather than a year.

Associate
All good shouts Sir.

I'll run it by the RD guys once I get up and running.

First plan is to post the events on simracing.gp well in advance and keep the RD club events up to date.

Associate
Can you only race on Thursday nights? Might see what nights would be popular. Maybe have a Thursday and Saturday either each week or alternate.

Soldato
For me Monday to Thursday and Sunday are my best nights to be honest. There may be times I can do Friday - Saturday but not often at all. It would be a last minute thing

Associate
Not sure why but I can't drive anywhere near as fast on here as I can iRacing, just can't seem to get the hang of it.

Associate
I figured that out early, somehow change driver wasn't ticked when I did a mandatory stop so I had to pit again, then I had change tyred ticked again 1 lap after and got a set of dry 5's on which just wouldn't heat up at all the rest of the race stayed 22-24psi was lime driving on ice. Somehow caught up with 16th place so wasn't last.

https://coachdaveacademy.com/tutorials/acc-for-dummies/#4

I used this website before I started was pretty good

Last edited:
This game running on a Quest 2 look absolutely nuts i was a little shocked how good it has become in VR.

I play this most evenings on the Quest 2. Although Automobilista 2 looks a lot better, this plays much better. I prefer bonnet cam but it makes it hard to see those behind.

Back
Top Bottom