Car insurance quick question

Soldato
I got my car insurance renewal in the post which is much higher than the price given through a comparison site with the same provider. I have cancelled my automatic renewal, if I go through the comparison site and insure with the same provider will it go through or be refused by the provider??
When i phoned to cancel the auto-renewal they offered me a discount but it was still higher than the price via the comparison site
Thanks in advance

Soldato
Should be ok. Also, see if it's worth going through TopCashback or Quidco. It may not pay out, but I successfully earned cashback when taking out a new policy with my existing insurer!

Soldato
Why not just tell them it's cheaper on gocompare (or whatever site) and they usually price match.
I would normally agree with this, but GoCompare offer you a perk of 250 quid excess insurance if you go via them. Makes it worth it imo, even if insurer is willing to match.

Associate
Works the same with house contents insurance, i cancelled with aviva and took out the policy from a compare site, the guy on the phone (when cancelling) said do it as he couldn't match the price.

Soldato
I got my car insurance renewal in the post which is much higher than the price given through a comparison site with the same provider. I have cancelled my automatic renewal, if I go through the comparison site and insure with the same provider will it go through or be refused by the provider??
When i phoned to cancel the auto-renewal they offered me a discount but it was still higher than the price via the comparison site
Thanks in advance

I'd chose someone else out of pure spite for them trying to charge me more at renewal. Even if it costs more! That will show them ;)

Na go with it

Back
Top Bottom