Poor network solutions

Associate
I have my racing sim in the garage which has 2 walls between it and the router. I've currently got a bt range extender plug 600 to try and improve the connectivity but it doesn't work that well all the time with regular connection issues and high ping rate in the game. Does anyone have any suggestions other than a wired connection to the router that would give me a better connection?

Associate
OP
Thanks, I was looking at powerline adapters but heard some mixed reviews. Might be worth a go for £30 off amazon. Easier than drilling through walls to connect an ethernet cable

Soldato
Just drill the walls. All problems solved. You can spend tens or hundreds of pounds and still end up with a sub-standard solution but a long drill bit and a cable will sort it all out for you.

Associate
Agreed. Cables are the only way if you want to do it properly and are inexpensive.

When I rented and couldn't run cables, I bought an Orbi 6 Mesh system and Wifi 6 cards which did a decent job to be fair, netting me 400-500mbps throughout the house.

When I got my own place, I had a mate run Cat 6 from my garage into my loft and on into a few other places - all done very neatly externally with black conduit. Cost me about half what the Orbis cost :D

Back
Top Bottom