What do you get when you cross a croissant and waffle?

Caporegime
A Croffle.

It's a recent Korean food trend, thought I give it a try but i am too lazy to make my own pastry so bought this. It's EXCELLENT for not a lot of money, £2 and makes 6.

:confused: I wouldn't say recent, they've been a 'thing' for years? More like 'increased in popularity thanks to recent *insert social media platform name*'.

Soldato
I'm not sure what happened to get the first picture to the second one?

You've just taken the pain au choc dough and chucked it in a waffle iron?

Caporegime
OP
:confused: I wouldn't say recent, they've been a 'thing' for years? More like 'increased in popularity thanks to recent *insert social media platform name*'.

Yes.

I'm not sure what happened to get the first picture to the second one?

You've just taken the pain au choc dough and chucked it in a waffle iron?

Yes.

Soldato
A guy I follow on youtube did a review of this, as well as a few other similar things:

He's much more impressed with the pains au chocolat than he is with the croissant.

Soldato
Must say I saw a Man v Food (or it may have been Diners, drive-ins and dives) and they made waffles from mac n cheese and they looked absolutely the mutts nuts would love to try them.

Caporegime
He's much more impressed with the pains au chocolat than he is with the croissant.
they are both pretty meh and taste a bit weird imo which is weird since it should be mostly butter and flour.

been tempted to get the croissant one again though and put nutella or something inside or just dark chocolate

Man of Honour
they are both pretty meh and taste a bit weird imo which is weird since it should be mostly butter and flour.

been tempted to get the croissant one again though and put nutella or something inside or just dark chocolate

The cinnamon swirls are pretty good. Although, making the croissants with a layer of cinnamon and sugar before rolling are very nice too. ;)

Soldato
Tried these the other day. They're alright. Suffer from the exact same problem as the pain au chocolat they're based on though (not unexpectedly) - not enough chocolate!

Now melting a bit of Nutella on top of one of them fixes the issue nicely.

Back
Top Bottom