UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [4th - 6th May 2021]

Soldato
Well he needs to do more than he has to warrant getting 90 mins. I'm torn on the lad - agree he hasn't had the opportunities but when he has I don't think he's made the most of it. Couple of chances to play defence splitter pass and he's fluffed it. Hopefully he can make a better contribution and build some confidence.
I've seen McSauce play a lot worse and stay on for the whole match before to be fair.

Soldato
I've seen McSauce play a lot worse and stay on for the whole match before to be fair.
I don't disagree but McSauce has Ole's confidence and van de Beek needs to do something more to displace one of McFred. Without being semantical VdB is not playing in centre midfield like McSauce has to.

Soldato
That was terrible from Telles. He looked behind him, saw the Roma player unmarked, and then just stayed where he was - marking the same player Maguire was already marking - anyway.

Soldato
Well he needs to do more than he has to warrant getting 90 mins. I'm torn on the lad - agree he hasn't had the opportunities but when he has I don't think he's made the most of it. Couple of chances to play defence splitter pass and he's fluffed it. Hopefully he can make a better contribution and build some confidence.

Last few times I’ve seen him he seems to do what he can to avoid getting into space to receive the ball.

Like the kid at school who hides behind the opposition so they don’t have to be in a position to make a mistake.

His movement is often good at dragging defenders out of position but he needs to do more on the ball really.

Back
Top Bottom