UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [4th - 6th May 2021]

Soldato
Last few times I’ve seen him he seems to do what he can to avoid getting into space to receive the ball.

Like the kid at school who hides behind the opposition so they don’t have to be in a position to make a mistake.

His movement is often good at dragging defenders out of position but he needs to do more on the ball really.
Yes he looks very short on confidence. When he's had the ball he's given it away. There is always a time to hold onto it and not play 1 touch. The lad just played us into trouble trying to play it too cute. He has to realise that United are not Ajax.
On another point. the changes show how reliant we are on the "first 11". Shocking since half time and should be 4 to Roma.

Soldato
I'm watching it because the United game was a dead rubber and Savage was doing my head in but the Arsenal game is awful. This is a really poor advert for the second tier european competition.

Ive supported arsenal for nearly 30 years. Honestly so bored of this. I cannot see us scoring, more likely to **** it up in defense and let one in.

Associate
Arsenal have created nothing, not even sure Aubameyang has touched the ball more than about twice, half the Arsenal team look like they can't even run anymore and yet with just 20 min to go Arteta has made just one change, try something else, it is not working!

fez

fez

Caporegime
I eat my hat to Cavani.

I'm not sure thats the idiom you are looking for :p

I was so against him coming in. Just thought of him as another merc looking for a pay day but what a top professional. It is a bit of a shame he spent so long at PSG as he could have won so much more.

I wasn't sure how good he would be but I assumed he would be another Zlatan. Never relied on pace and is just a class act at what he does. The question was over his motivation.

Back
Top Bottom