UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [4th - 6th May 2021]

Caporegime
Arteta surely must be out the door. I am actually happy to play Villareal as Arsenal seem to be our bogey team of late but even still Villareal need to win to get champs league so will be up for it. Should be a decent game.

Ole got the old Fergie blazer on and chewing the gum already.

Soldato
Arteta surely must be out the door. I am actually happy to play Villareal as Arsenal seem to be our bogey team of late but even still Villareal need to win to get champs league so will be up for it. Should be a decent game.

Ole got the old Fergie blazer on and chewing the gum already.
Yeah I can't see how he stays. He literally doesn't know what he's doing.

Soldato
Were Arsenal caught offside once? Shows the lack of balls played through. Lack of intent. Walking over to take the corner in the last minute instead of sprinting. Pepe always passing backwards and stalling every attack. Bellerin lost his pace and feet completely, giving the ball away all game. Arteta takes Auba off for Laca when Auba had momentum and was just unlucky with his chances. So lets put more attackers on with no way to get them service with no midfielders who can string any creativity together. No runs in behind. Completely out played and out thought by an average side that defended well.

Arsenal have no method to break down teams. They have utterly lost their way and have forgotten how to score. Auba has had a "poor" season people keep saying. No...he's had **** all service all season.

Shocking performance that sums us up. Our prem league position almost flatters us as it is. I'm angry we didn't go for it. I would rather have seen us concede a goal all going for it then to sit out a 0-0 draw.

Maybe no more Europe will be good for a season...

Soldato
Yeah I can't see how he stays. He literally doesn't know what he's doing.
So clubs are seeing the folly of appointing ex players as coaches when they have little experience. I feel for Lampard and Arteta to some extent but surely these ex players should spend some time learning their trade slightly out of the spotlight. Lampard should have stayed at Derby and Arteta should have put some time in in another league. Solskjaer is still learning on the job but he's at least he's had the experience at Molde and Cardiff to help him. United are far from the finished article but they are 2/3 years ahead of Arsenal - possibly more if Arsenal keep changing their manager.

Soldato
One of the reasons Auba has been so poor this season is Arteta's insistence the team plays more defensive. We've conceded a load less this season but create nothing. He came in with pressing front foot football and now i don't even know what he's doing.

Back
Top Bottom