• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone pre ordering a 3080ti lol?

Caporegime
OP
So you would prefer that these upcoming cards are unlocked for miners so it's yet again impossible to buy one due to bots? Good thinking...

The only winner is Nvidia. One month I could have bought an unlocked card, so to speak that did both. If you take away the consumer choices. Still charge the same. I dunno I don't like it. Simple as. I'll probably skip this generation now.

Associate
You wrote in your first post that "There is going to be next to no difference in performance between the 2." - this is incorrect, hence the (truthful) condescending response. Not my fault you're unaware of what the "Ti" branding means, based on previous generations.

Note my use of language " possibility of being faster, if it's a better binned chip that reaches higher clock speeds.". This is an example of tentative language, not dogmatic language. At the very least, it'll be 3090 performance, will will suit me just fine.

I bought my 3080 in early November, as it was physically on a shelf in front of me. Looking back, I'm glad I did, as sourcing a 3090 wasn't certain. I'll welcome the extra 15% performance at 4K and in VR.

Your not seeming to actually fully read or understand my posts. Unsure if your trolling, or have a condition.

I said "Few games I've played are nipping at the heels of 10GB VRAM". 'Nipping at the heels' - in this context, means games are getting close to saturating the VRAM. Doesn't mean struggling. Also "few" means not all.

Extra 2GB VRAM will be absolutely perfect for me, until I upgrade to a 4080.

I kinda get the feeling from your posts that you're being threatened by a 3080ti being the same gaming performance as your 3090, for close to half the price (for a FE). What we all spend our money on is our own choice, just enjoy what you have and let others do the same :)

At this point, neither you nor I is "correct" or "incorrect". We are both airing opinions or guesses at best.
What the Ti branding means? Get over yourself. Its not some written law that a Ti is 15% faster than the previous card.
IF you'd look further than the Ti, you'd see that the card is slated to have just shy of 3090 CUDA cores, and is expected to be clocked lower than both 3080 and 3090.
How you read into that it will somehow be better binned is beyond me.
Regardless, there is no need to act so high and mighty. ITs possible to have a difference of opinion on the internet without resorting to such condescension. Your speak is no more truth than the next persons opinion.
Given how the 3090 is barely 15% faster, how do you expect the Ti to also be? Unless the 80 and 90 are discontinued.

If your basing that purely on the previous meaning of the "Ti" meaning, it is you not I showing your lack of mature thought. Incase you hadn't noticed, previous Ti cards tended to be TOP of the gaming card stack. Yes Titans existed above them, but where priced much higher and actually targeted at work use. (And supported as such)

Yes...I am threatened by a graphics card? Did you re-read that? Also dream on the 3080ti being "half the cost" of a 3090FE. The 3080FE is just about half the cost.

Associate
You wrote in your first post that "There is going to be next to no difference in performance between the 2." - this is incorrect, hence the (truthful) condescending response. Not my fault you're unaware of what the "Ti" branding means, based on previous generations.

Note my use of language " possibility of being faster, if it's a better binned chip that reaches higher clock speeds.". This is an example of tentative language, not dogmatic language. At the very least, it'll be 3090 performance, will will suit me just fine.

I bought my 3080 in early November, as it was physically on a shelf in front of me. Looking back, I'm glad I did, as sourcing a 3090 wasn't certain. I'll welcome the extra 15% performance at 4K and in VR.

Your not seeming to actually fully read or understand my posts. Unsure if your trolling, or have a condition.

I said "Few games I've played are nipping at the heels of 10GB VRAM". 'Nipping at the heels' - in this context, means games are getting close to saturating the VRAM. Doesn't mean struggling. Also "few" means not all.

Extra 2GB VRAM will be absolutely perfect for me, until I upgrade to a 4080.

I kinda get the feeling from your posts that you're being threatened by a 3080ti being the same gaming performance as your 3090, for close to half the price (for a FE). What we all spend our money on is our own choice, just enjoy what you have and let others do the same :)

If you think the 3080TI is only gonna be half the price of a 3090 you are in for a rude awakening.

Soldato
Oh so that's it set in stone, Grim hasn't seen any listed so no fe cards. 0_o

It would be unusual for nvidia to not have FE cards for their high end ti series to say the least.

And with RTX3000 the FE cards have launched and sold before AIB yet AIB is already selling

you're also quick to forget that prior to launch we had several leaked images of the cards for all FE RTX3000 cards over the past months, yet not a single FE3080ti, for a card due to launch in a couple weeks? Yeah right

Caporegime
And with RTX3000 the FE cards have launched and sold before AIB yet AIB is already selling

you're also quick to forget that prior to launch we had several leaked images of the cards for all FE RTX3000 cards over the past months, yet not a single FE3080ti, for a card due to launch in a couple weeks? Yeah right

Are you forgetting that the ti hasn't even officially launched yet? It's not surprising some aib cards have slipped through the cracks that's a common occurrence though unusual for it to happen a few weeks before launch. The 7\9\10\20\30 series cards to date have all had an FE or reference card version with the nvidia metal cooler, you have some exceptions of the lower end cards but for the most part their higher end cards all get the "fe" treatment.

It would be unusual for nvidia to not have an "FE" version of the 70/80-TI cards to say the least considering their track record in that regard.

Soldato
If you think the 3080TI is only gonna be half the price of a 3090 you are in for a rude awakening.

I'm talking about the Founders edition. The 3080 Founders Edition is £649.00 (or $699 in the US). Thousands of people have obtained a founders edition, it's just requires patience for stock drops.

3080ti is leaked to be $999. This is likely to convert to £850, perhaps £900. This is half the price of scalped aftermarket (non founders edition) 3090's.

Associate
I'm talking about the Founders edition.
3080ti is leaked to be $999. This is likely to convert to £850, perhaps £900. This is half the price of scalped aftermarket (non founders edition) 3090's.
Another leaked price was $1199. Haven't seen confirmation of an FE model so pricing could be all AIB aka fill yer boots.

Associate
I'm talking about the Founders edition. The 3080 Founders Edition is £649.00 (or $699 in the US). Thousands of people have obtained a founders edition, it's just requires patience for stock drops.

Way to move the goalposts. You made the "half the cost" comment in reference to my 3090fe...which has a price of £1399. So your £900 estimate for the Ti FE isnt half the cost. The 3080FE is almost half the cost.

I do agree though that getting FE cards is the easiest, I managed it twice. So I would expect that to continue with the 3080Ti FE. (If such a card does get made.)

Comparing 3080FE MSRP to aftermarket AIB 3090 scalped pricing? Stick to RRP or scalped. Stick to FE or AIB.
Just look what 3080FE's go for scalped. Heck even a popular used high-street retailer sells them for £1700.

Permabanned
Scalped price do not effect me as I would never pay them and was happy to stay on my Titan Xp (2017), I paid £1399 for my 3090FE in January so give me a buzz when I an buy a 3090Ti on newer Samsung process as this is getting boring.

Soldato
In the great scheme of things it wouldn't be too bad a price but as I said the FE isn't confirmed yet ;)

What evidence makes you think there won't be a founders edition?

We've seen reference/founders edition cards for the 3080, 2080ti, 1080ti, 980ti, 780ti, so it's logical that they'd continue this tradition ;)

Soldato
I think the 3080ti is going to be more than 750-800 I expect it to be above 900.

Personally I wont even consider buying it, my thoughts are I got lucky on a 3080FE drop, and its the right thing to not even try to get another ampere card, is many still not got one yet. Even if I could upgrade with a net zero cost.

Back
Top Bottom