Who here owns a Renaultsport?

Soldato
Indeed I consulted your useful post :) I remembered it being posted when I was first looking at the cars so thank you for that, I just assumed it would be a rare thing and not a concern.

Let's hope it is just lack of use.

I will use it daily but what happens when you go on holiday and say park it at the airport or something
Its not a rare thing unfortunately the UK dealers are pretty lazy! It will be down to lack of use it throws up every possible error message when the battery is not properly charged.

Someone who works on an oil rig off scotland's coast parks his in a car park for 3 weeks and says it usually starts first time! If its used regular & in good condition should be fine I mean its a ridiculous issue but the RS R&D engineers are mainly working on new RS projects in France now (RS EVO most likely) so its not ever going to be addressed as it looks like 2021 is the last RS pure I.C.E year :(

See how it goes maybe buy a battery booster just in case to keep in the boot (Renault should supply this but they have not admitted its an issue as the car needs to be used regular!).

Soldato
I'm not a fan of stop start I'll definitely turn that odd. My ST would need it to be turned off each time you started the car so a dash board setting is great

Is there a way to tell what software package my car has or is it something the dealer would just know?
Sorry do not know register here & ask around its where most of the UK owners communicate they are a very helpful bunch as well!:) Megane RS 300 Trophy - intermittent battery issue - RenaultSportClub.co.uk

Soldato
Sorry do not know register here & ask around its where most of the UK owners communicate they are a very helpful bunch as well!:) Megane RS 300 Trophy - intermittent battery issue - RenaultSportClub.co.uk
Thanks! I'll sign up ;)

Just got back to our grotty work car park!

PXL-20210506-131000708.jpg

Associate
That colour looks stunning.

what's your thoughts on the auto? struggling to find manual anywhere, even autos are quite limited

Soldato
That colour looks stunning.

what's your thoughts on the auto? struggling to find manual anywhere, even autos are quite limited

Only driven about 3 miles so far but it feels responsive and smooth enough! I'll give more thoughts after a few days if you like. I must admit I wasn't too sold on either or to start with

Associate
Only driven about 3 miles so far but it feels responsive and smooth enough! I'll give more thoughts after a few days if you like. I must admit I wasn't too sold on either or to start with

That would be great if you could, may sway me to look into more autos

Soldato
That would be great if you could, may sway me to look into more autos
Sure thing! Had a bit of a spirited drive in Manual mode using the paddles! It's certainly engaging to a degree. As much as a true manual? Probably not but I wouldn't say it's far off.

Sitting in the usual queue on the way back where the traffic builds up, the auto really shines :D

Associate
Pretty sure. This is why the manual has now been discontinued going forward I believe. Too much tax for users in France over the auto

very tempting, I think the only thing I can really do now is just go for a test drive in one to see how it feels.

Only issue I have now is, they all seem to be £26k upwards :p

Soldato
very tempting, I think the only thing I can really do now is just go for a test drive in one to see how it feels.

Only issue I have now is, they all seem to be £26k upwards :p

Yeah that's the thing! Keep your eyes peeled!

I must admit my original budget was like £25k max. I'm on a PCP agreement. However when I went to the dealer and found mine, I managed to get a deal through my bank for much better than the dealers APR and cheaper monthly payments so it wasn't too bad. Payments lined up with what the cheaper car was coming to originally. Though I was fortunate to have some decent equity in my ST to use as a deposit.

It just all varies doesn't it. By going with my bank, I didn't get the 2 year free servicing or deposit contribution but that's ok! APR was more than half of theirs

Last edited:
Soldato
Got to get used to the quirks of the car. I left work early so I could have a bit of a spirited drive the scenic route home! Fuel counter said like 50 miles left, about 40ish once I pulled up.

Left later to go pick my boy up from school and the tank said 10miles or less left and the warning beeped at me! Must have settled in the tank. So whipped to the garage and was a little late picking him up lol.

Associate
Yeah that's the thing! Keep your eyes peeled!

I must admit my original budget was like £25k max. I'm on a PCP agreement. However when I went to the dealer and found mine, I managed to get a deal through my bank for much better than the dealers APR and cheaper monthly payments so it wasn't too bad. Payments lined up with what the cheaper car was coming to originally. Though I was fortunate to have some decent equity in my ST to use as a deposit.

It just all varies doesn't it. By going with my bank, I didn't get the 2 year free servicing or deposit contribution but that's ok! APR was more than half of theirs

constantly refreshing autotrader it seems :p

the one I had my eye on (in volcanic orange) has now sold :( (well, been reserved so assume it will now sell)

That's not bad at all then, I do find some dealers have quite a high APR. but a score to get it cheaper with your bank.

how are you enjoying it so far?

Soldato
constantly refreshing autotrader it seems :p

the one I had my eye on (in volcanic orange) has now sold :( (well, been reserved so assume it will now sell)

That's not bad at all then, I do find some dealers have quite a high APR. but a score to get it cheaper with your bank.

how are you enjoying it so far?

Tends to be higher APR on used vehicles too but the Renault dealers are running the service and contribution deal so it does have benefits for sure!

Really pleased so far, it's a great car. It's wide, and so worried about scuffing the shiny wheels so being extra careful just need to get used to it more :)

Soldato
Under 8k, 5 doors and as fast as possible... recommendations? I like the look of the Meganes with 250 ish bhp. I think the cup ones with the LSD, but did they ever come in 5 door?

Back
Top Bottom