What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
After seeing it mentioned here we have started watching Marcella, an interesting take on a detective series. The main character, seemingly, suffering from some form of neurological problems. Even tho we are only part way through the first series it is somewhat compelling. Apparently it is written by Hans Rosenfeldt, the creator of The Bridge series, altho Marcella is set in the UK and in English.
Last episode of season 1 of Lucifer to watch now, kinda getting used to the cheese, it was mentioned earlier in the this thread, iirc, that the Lucifer character is similar to the actor Kenneth Williams, don't know why but that helps when watching it.
About half way through The Punisher season 2. Not as enjoyable so far as the first series but still worth considering.

Soldato
Superstore - 20minutes of heavenly good entertainment! binged all the seasons in the last few weeks and i cant think of anything lately in the last few years that has matched its comedy. Glad they wrapped it up when they did as it was getting weaker in the last few seasons.

Man of Honour
Superstore - 20minutes of heavenly good entertainment! binged all the seasons in the last few weeks and i cant think of anything lately in the last few years that has matched its comedy. Glad they wrapped it up when they did as it was getting weaker in the last few seasons.

I’m into that too, let’s be fair, it’s quite lightweight, but I record it and watch it regularly.
I felt bad for Jonah when Amy went off to California, and I can imagine Dina and Garrett maybe getting together eventually.
It’s a weird show, but in a good way, the antics of Cheyenne and Mateo keep me laughing.

Soldato
I’m into that too, let’s be fair, it’s quite lightweight, but I record it and watch it regularly.
I felt bad for Jonah when Amy went off to California, and I can imagine Dina and Garrett maybe getting together eventually.
It’s a weird show, but in a good way, the antics of Cheyenne and Mateo keep me laughing.

Some of its comedy/timing is genius for sure! it touches on the harshness of that sort of job and the fruitlessness of fighting for good and you really do feel for Jonah and the other characters at times. Now its on Netflix hopefully it will gain more recognition!

Soldato
Currently watching Succession.

I like the premise and it seems like a decent show, but I've never come across anything with such an poor cast. None are what you might consider attractive, fair enough, but more importantly all the men in it are weak, idiotic personalities with no redeeming qualities at all. None of them have any substance. It makes it hard to watch.

Where are the strong characters, or intelligent underdogs, hungry young kids trying to rise up the ranks etc... It has none of that at all, and very little charm.

Can't help but think how good it could be with a decent cast.

Last edited:
Soldato
I enjoyed it, thought the characters worked well together and Mackey’s acting was better than usual. Just some Marvel fun tbh, not as deep as WandaVision but more action packed and no pointless first few episodes.

I’m into the second season of Superstore and think it’s great, really easygoing, fun laugh out loud watch. Main characters are all likeable in their own way and funny.

Soldato
Superstore is a good lightweight comedy for filling the time when you're on a break or something.

I'd like to see a spin off about Garret, as I don't think he got the same level of closure the other characters did. He was definitely one of the better personalities.

Associate
If you like Superstore have a look at Kims Convenience - I think it's even better.

Watching Snowfall, wow what a great show. Like a cross between Breaking Bad and The Wire, with a great set of characters and a top evolving storyline.
Also started on Mythic Quest which is surprisingly also excellent.

Soldato
Who's hyped it? General thoughts range from acceptable to lacking.

I won't lie, this was my first thought when I read 'don't see the hype'. No, I didn't see it either? :p

If you like Superstore have a look at Kims Convenience - I think it's even better.

Thanks, never heard of it, but will add to my watchlist :)

Watching Snowfall, wow what a great show.

Same with this! Looks good, added, thanks.

Man of Honour
Finished watching Avatar: the last airbender. Absolutely loved it. Great show and has it all. Light hearted, but with emotional depth and feels. Lots of ‘finding yourself’ and ‘making choices’ malarkey. Consistently funny. Some good action. I cared what happened.

Double thumbs up from me.

Soldato
Onto series 3 of The Handmaid's Tale. Bit of a change of pace for this one, which was good because the first two seasons were great but they couldn't get any more out of those arcs.

Then Bradley Whitford appears....awesome. I'm going to have to watch the West Wing again after this....

Soldato
Started Dollface on Disney plus but can't decide if I like it or not. Gets a bit weird in places

Also started The One on Netflix. About half way through but I think I'm watching it more to see how it plays out rather than actually finding it addictive

Back
Top Bottom