• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4A Games update Metro Exodus, new engine, Ray Tracing GPU now required

Associate
I feel glad that I stopped play the game after raging at a tragedy which was determined by unknown actions in Act 2. Now I can replay it but not feel like I'm re-treading too much, DLSS will be essential as my 2060 Super is only one rung up on the minimum requirement!

Permabanned
Got around to running the benchmark on my old 3770k/DDR3 with a undervolted 3080 and a frame cap of 59. I do select raytraced reflections but the results keep showing (dirty) Hybrid.

AycGuj1.jpg

I'm pleased with that considering the game recommends 8 core CPUs for high, ultra and extreme.

Man of Honour
Personally I wouldn't use performance mode, but a 2060 managing 49fps at 4K with max settings and ultra RT is pretty impressive

If CP2077 is anything to go by a 2060 using DLSS performance mode at 4K will look a long way from 4K - you aren't really taking advantage of the resolution might as well run DLSS quality at a lower res.

Caporegime
Only able to have a quick play before work but so far very impressed, using DF settings @ 3440x1440 and dlss quality. Some of the textures are a bit dated looking now though but still a very good looking game.

SoyRHgn.png

VQqJGaN.jpg

Xo3RDJo.png

Soldato
I just played it on my 3080FE but apart from the shadows and GI I would honestly not notice much difference from the standard game. Framerate is around 85-95fps at 1440P Ultra without DLSS. Tried DLSS Quality but I can always notice the slight blur so disabled it again.

Associate
I just played it on my 3080FE but apart from the shadows and GI I would honestly not notice much difference from the standard game. Framerate is around 85-95fps at 1440P Ultra without DLSS. Tried DLSS Quality but I can always notice the slight blur so disabled it again.
The blur is caused by DLSS + HDR at least for me. If I disable one of the two the blur is gone.

Caporegime
Yup it seems that HDR in combination with dlss is causing blur issues for some people. Might be worth disabling fullscreen optimisation to see if that fixes it.

Haven't tried it on my oled yet as m+k and sitting at desk works better for me in this game.

Soldato
The blur is caused by DLSS + HDR at least for me. If I disable one of the two the blur is gone.

I didn't enable HDR. It is 1440P 165Hz and I have noticed similar blur in other DLSS games so I guess DLSS is really beneficial for 4K or if you really need the performance.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I didn't enable HDR. It is 1440P 165Hz and I have noticed similar blur in other DLSS games so I guess DLSS is really beneficial for 4K or if you really need the performance.

I notice the blur quite a bit in cyberpunk and in some areas for control (mainly shattered windows) but for this so far, finding it very hard to see the ghosting/motion issues.

If you haven't done so already, try disabling the fullscreen optimisation, I always do this anyway as it gives me a smoother and higher fps experience.

Does seem like there is a more severe ghosting problem with hdr and dlss in this looking through reddit though.

Soldato
I notice the blur quite a bit in cyberpunk and in some areas for control (mainly shattered windows) but for this so far, finding it very hard to see the ghosting/motion issues.

If you haven't done so already, try disabling the fullscreen optimisation, I always do this anyway as it gives me a smoother and higher fps experience.

Does seem like there is a more severe ghosting problem with hdr and dlss in this looking through reddit though.

I get over 80fps without DLSS which is fine for me so why bother with DLSS?? Native is always better imo.

Back
Top Bottom