BMW and M Power Owners

Commissario
To be fair I've spoken to people who genuinely believe it's thrown in by the dealer as some sort of freebie.

We believe you'd never make that mistake Maccy :D
Oh I've had salesman use it to try and sweeten a deal, kindly pointed out that it's included in the OTR price and watch them go quiet :)

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Stop whining, you don't know how good you've got it in the UK when it comes to VED and registration tax, which you don't even have!

Soldato
Looking at potentially ordering a 330i M Sport in the next month or so. Are there any must have options or packs that I should be speccing that don’t come as standard with the M Sport?

Soldato
The annoying thing, just having had road-tax bill through (envelopes showing somewhere in wales now) is absence of a reduction, for the miniscule road wear I've created through covid.
[ my nomenclature take was M-zero, a la coke ]

Soldato
The annoying thing, just having had road-tax bill through (envelopes showing somewhere in wales now) is absence of a reduction, for the miniscule road wear I've created through covid.
[ my nomenclature take was M-zero, a la coke ]
Unfortunately VED (see: it isn't road tax) is just another tax, despite being collected exclusively from motorists, it just goes into the overall coffers.

Soldato
Yea it's massively annoying but what can you do about it? The only way to avoid it is to buy a car that's older than 2017 or has a list price including options of under 40k. Neither of which are possible if you want something 5 Series/3 Series sized with a 6 cylinder engine sadly.

I don't have an issue with a car older than 17 but as I've currently got a 2015 car any upgrade will obviously be quite a lot newer. Every G30 5 Series for example is affected by it except a base 520d.
I used to gloat over the £30 yearly tax for my 2.0l petrol A4 B9 over the £150 a year my partner pays for her 1.0l fiesta. However with the GC it will change but I've factored in saving monthly for the tax in my budget to purchase the vehicle.
You're correct in that it is very hard these days to purchase a decent vehicle for under £40k

Soldato
What's people experiences with claiming on the bmw extended warranty. Apparently my car needs a new engine (lady at stratstone didn't have all the details:rolleyes:). I've got the comprehensive cover, but I'm not sure if the claim has been approved or not. Its an e92 m3, I might have mentioned in the previous page. I had a warning light come on so that's why I took it in. I'd just like some reassurance as she said a new engine is 22k:eek:. Sorry if post is a bit slapdash, my mind is whirling around a bit at the moment.

Soldato
There was one member (I don't recall who) who got a new engine for his E60 M5 under BMW warranty, probably 7ish years ago now, and I think that was ~£20k at the time.
Hello, that was me. They will check that it has a correct service history and that the claim does not exceed the claim limit, which is the purchase price of the car. As long as those check out they will likely pay the claim without much hassle.

Soldato
Hello, that was me. They will check that it has a correct service history and that the claim does not exceed the claim limit, which is the purchase price of the car. As long as those check out they will likely pay the claim without much hassle.
I paid about 27k for my car so I guess it must be close to the limit, do they give the option of just giving you the purchase price? I rang the dealer yesterday and they said there weren't any red flags (I only bought the car 3-4 years ago from a BMW garage, and I've serviced it whenever it's needed it.

Back
Top Bottom