Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Soldato
UPDATE: Got it working, or at least working enough to get 3 games on the trot - so I need to do more testing.

A long time ago I disabled IPV6 on my router. Never been a problem, and my Internet and games etc have all been fine.

On the off chance, I thought I would enable it again - and since I have, I managed to get 3 consecutive matches without any issue. I haven't been able to do that all week.

So I'm wondering if there's a mix of IPV4 and IPV6 servers or something? Never been a problem before, so maybe they changed something in an update? Don't know. Will do more testing tomorrow to make sure its definitely all working properly again.

Soldato
I haven't played MW for a couple of days, but i don't have any issues with Warzone or MP. I don't have Campaign or Special Op's packs installed, but have all the Texture and other packs.

Soldato
Thought I had cracked it as I managed a good 4-5 matches in a row yesterday. But then the dreaded time out issue returned and out of around 6 attempts at joining a match, I got into just one.

Gave up in the end.

Soldato
Definitely a problem with my game.

Can only get 2-4 games then I have the timeout issue where I can see the players in the lobby but game hangs on "loading map".

After about 4 minutes or so I get booted back to title screen with error message saying "Disconnected due to transmission error status: VIGOROUS"

There are no issues with my connection that I can see on any other game or on my PS5, and my NAT is open.

Really frustrating. Ah well, might check back with it after next update to see if its fixed.

EDIT: on a side note I cant get all texture packs to install.

Game is always saying one of them is not installed. For example pack 3. So I follow in game link to install. It installs then back in game it shows as installed. But pack 2 then shows as not installed. So I select to install pack two and then pack 3 shows as not installed.........constant merry-go-round....... not sure if its related in some way.

Soldato
Thinking about this a bit more it was something about downloading a 2 small update files which then fixed the problem of having to reinstall things over and over. If you can't find it post back in here and I will ask one of my friends to tell me how he fixed it.

Soldato
on ps5 i was getting these micro stutters or something really odd only cold war was doing it!

It was ok today, but I decided to delete the game, had enough of it. Joined a match today half way through on domination and it was a complete one sided affair.
Spawning next to opposition players camped at every flag, it was not fun and just annoying. This game can be good at times to completely broken with the matchmaking and spawning. I think as season patches have landed its got worse.

Associate
It was ok today, but I decided to delete the game, had enough of it. Joined a match today half way through on domination and it was a complete one sided affair.
Spawning next to opposition players camped at every flag, it was not fun and just annoying. This game can be good at times to completely broken with the matchmaking and spawning. I think as season patches have landed its got worse.

tbh Im back on warzone on the ps5 with crossplay turned off much better game no wallhackers and aimbots

Soldato
Definitely a problem with my game.

Can only get 2-4 games then I have the timeout issue where I can see the players in the lobby but game hangs on "loading map".

After about 4 minutes or so I get booted back to title screen with error message saying "Disconnected due to transmission error status: VIGOROUS"

There are no issues with my connection that I can see on any other game or on my PS5, and my NAT is open.

Really frustrating. Ah well, might check back with it after next update to see if its fixed.

EDIT: on a side note I cant get all texture packs to install.

Game is always saying one of them is not installed. For example pack 3. So I follow in game link to install. It installs then back in game it shows as installed. But pack 2 then shows as not installed. So I select to install pack two and then pack 3 shows as not installed.........constant merry-go-round....... not sure if its related in some way.

Do run a pihole per-chance? I had this issue and I made an exception for g.live.com (assuming MS), but I also quit the game and rebooted. One of these fixed it.

Secondly, I'm not sure you're meant to have all packs installed. For example, I have 1,2 and 4.

Soldato
Do run a pihole per-chance? I had this issue and I made an exception for g.live.com (assuming MS), but I also quit the game and rebooted. One of these fixed it.

Secondly, I'm not sure you're meant to have all packs installed. For example, I have 1,2 and 4.

No I don't use pihole.

Yeah maybe your right on texture packs.

Still haven't managed to fix my game. Took me nearly 15 minutes to get into a match last time I played :(

Soldato
Apart from the slightly slower ads has the FFAR had a buff?

It's surprisingly nice to use and hits very hard. Something about it is different...

Soldato
No I don't use pihole.

Yeah maybe your right on texture packs.

Still haven't managed to fix my game. Took me nearly 15 minutes to get into a match last time I played :(

Well I decided to update my ps4 copy (running on ps5). So after multiple content downloads, I load it up and get straight into a game. Played for a while and had no issues getting into core TDM matches.

Hopped off and went on my xbox version and straight away got connection timeouts.

So it doesent appear to be my connection as the game works fine on both my ps5 and my PC copy (yea I triple dipped!) :p

Can't see what more I can do here other than attempt a complete reinstall of the game (again!).

Anyone got any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom