CeX and trading in iMac

Associate
Do any of you know if CeX will accept a good condition Late 2013 27" iMac with no OS installed? Save me lugging it in to find out they don't.

Soldato
Yeah, install it and depending on the condition you'll get about £200 for it.

When you hand it in to get tested make sure you do it early doors - as reasonable close to opening time as you can get. Then go have a few pints and come back. It takes them ages to test it.

Associate
OP
2013 iMac should have internet recovery so just use that. Hold CMD option and R when booting and just follow the options through.
Tried this and various other combos but get a flashing folder icon with a massive question mark. Ethernet is plugged in. It means a USB drive recovery is required. I'm looking for an easy way to create one in windows without jump through 5 million hoops.

Soldato
Tried this and various other combos but get a flashing folder icon with a massive question mark. Ethernet is plugged in. It means a USB drive recovery is required. I'm looking for an easy way to create one in windows without jump through 5 million hoops.
I can do it on my MacBook and send it out to you but it would be a few days before you got it.

Associate
OP
CeX was a no go. They require working OS. Also, they didn't have my exact model on the website so I know from experience they won't accept it.
I ended up getting Catalina onto a USB drive and installing it onto the 3TB Fusion drive. Check it out if you're interested. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133761235725

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom