What's the best freebie you've ever had?

Soldato
Once bought £600 of kit from a pop up clearance store for a particular cycle clothing brand. Handed my card over, paid and walked away.

We only realised a couple of weeks later after checking our healthier than expected bank statement that the card transaction was void and the girl at the till had given us a void receipt and let us go.

Got a parking ticket on the same day, so it all balances out.

Soldato
Reminds me I did buy a Tumi backpack for £300+ at the Covent Garden store. I track my finances meticulously so had been accruing the expected value for around 3 months before I accepted that they had goofed up. It just disappeared from my pending transactions and never came back. Free bag!

Associate
Everything found in the attic of my flat when I moved in.
The previous owner had died and their name was never disclosed to me. Not really sure if I was meant to own it or not, but I couldn't give it back even if I tried.

Had all sorts of random abandoned items, should sell more of it on really, I reckon the radiators alone must be worth a few 100.

Last edited:
Soldato
Screenshot-20210521-211601-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Soldato
When we moved into our new house we ordered an American fridge freezer, samsung washing machine and a new air fryer. Came to around £1200

they delivered it but the money never came out my account, nearly 3 years ago now!

Associate
Oh on that note my house came without a water meter so all my water is free.

I didn't realize for over a year until getting help from a financial advisor from my housing association to try maximize my benefits, and she asked how much my water was, then after I realized she told me I got lucky as they sometimes forget to install a water meter in new builds.

Back
Top Bottom