Poll: Spanish Grand Prix 2021, Catalunya - Race 4/23

Rate the 2021 Spanish Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
Toto - Hi Lewis. This was quite an ok lap.

Lewis - *laughs* Thanks Toto

Hamilton embarassing PDlR...

Live around the world too...

Special qualifying mini tyre for Hamilton's 100th pole too.

Pedro de la Rosa - I remember when we started testing . The first day you ever tested a a Formula 1 car in Silverstone together with me, remember?

Hamilton - Yeah, of course.

se la Rosa - I knew you were going to be good, but I never thought you were going to get 100 poles. Congratulations.

Hamilton - I remember when you tried to kill me one time.

de la Rosa - Only one? Many times man, and you're still here. 100 pole positions. I'm so proud of you.

Hamilton - Thank you man, appreciate you dude. So good to see you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
Toto - Hi Lewis. This was quite an ok lap.

Lewis - *laughs* Thanks Toto

Hamilton embarassing PDlR...

Live around the world too...

Special qualifying mini tyre for Hamilton's 100th pole too.

Pedro de la Rosa - I remember when we started testing . The first day you ever tested a a Formula 1 car in Silverstone together with me, remember?

Hamilton - Yeah, of course.

se la Rosa - I knew you were going to be good, but I never thought you were going to get 100 poles. Congratulations.

Hamilton - I remember when you tried to kill me one time.

de la Rosa - Only one? Many times man, and you're still here. 100 pole positions. I'm so proud of you.

Hamilton - Thank you man, appreciate you dude. So good to see you.

i think you're preaching to the converted mate, we all saw/heard it lol

Soldato
Also Tsunoda, swearing and whining and moaning you're getting the worst car after less than 4 races of the season I'd imagine is the best fastrack way to find yourself out of a Red Bull seat!

Soldato
Yeah, I was expecting him up there with Leclerc. Shame.

Ocon did well, spanked Alonso again. Alpine seem to have some form but I expect Ocon to go backwards in the race with the like of Norris, Ric and Perez behind him.

Yeah Ocon has upped his game this year as he admits. His race pace can't match his qualy pace though. Fernando on the other hand isn't doing well in qualy but performing fine in the race. Nothing special though at the moment.

Once again he fails capitalise on his pace. The Championship is there for the taking but he's letting it slowly slip away from him.

He doesn't seem to have the edge atm to be WDC.

Soldato
Hamilton continuing to deliver again and again, so consistent. 100 pole positions is a hugely impressive achievement. Run to the first corner should be exciting tomorrow, but not expecting much else to occur. Nice to see Alpine up there, mid grid is looking promising again this year.

Soldato
Max looked really disappointed. I think he can see the tide is turning.

Like all drivers, he's egotistical and believes he can win the championship with the right car. He's also got a lot of youthful arrogance due to his early success in F1 at a young age. Verstappen has a car that can win and has proved it, but now he's realising that he's up against a car/driver that is the yardstick of modern F1. It's a mountain to climb, and a lacklustre car is no longer an excuse for Max.

It's the same pattern we've seen for the last few years. Fast drivers in fast cars pick up a few crumbs here and there when they get a bit lucky, but that isn't a championship winning strategy. Hamilton keeps grinding on with poles, wins, the occasional second place, but his points count just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Soldato
Like all drivers, he's egotistical and believes he can win the championship with the right car. He's also got a lot of youthful arrogance due to his early success in F1 at a young age. Verstappen has a car that can win and has proved it, but now he's realising that he's up against a car/driver that is the yardstick of modern F1. It's a mountain to climb, and a lacklustre car is no longer an excuse for Max.

It's the same pattern we've seen for the last few years. Fast drivers in fast cars pick up a few crumbs here and there when they get a bit lucky, but that isn't a championship winning strategy. Hamilton keeps grinding on with poles, wins, the occasional second place, but his points count just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Makes you wonder what if anything a young Alonso or Schumacher would be doing differently. I imagine they'd be more vocal on strategy and tyres for one. RB were good on strategy last season when they had nothing to win/lose they seem to have lost some of that now.

It will be interesting to see how this season goes. If the cars are equal enough and Max fails to win, how will he be compared to Vettel when Vettel had a similar car at Ferrari and failed to win (he should have won at least once).

Caporegime
Makes you wonder what if anything a young Alonso or Schumacher would be doing differently.

Twice champion Alonso couldn't beat rookie Hamilton. Rookie Alonso wouldn't stand a chance against this version of Lewis.

I imagine they'd be more vocal on strategy and tyres for one. RB were good on strategy last season when they had nothing to win/lose they seem to have lost some of that now.

Max is still very young and his hasty promotion to F1 meant he never got to experience the battle to win over a season. Letting McLaren decide tyre strategy cost Lewis a championship in 2007, and it wasn't until more recently that he really started pushing back on strategy.

As for Red Bull I don't think much has changed it's just that previously if they mucked up no-one cared because they weren't expected to really challenge anyway so you remember the gambles that paid off.

Soldato
100 poles, crazy.

It's that he still has the drive to perform at this level after so much success that I find impressive, we have heard it many times that he puts the work/time in.

Seems to be enjoying the challenge, would be a good one to win that 8th championship on.

Caporegime
100 poles, crazy.

It's that he still has the drive to perform at this level after so much success that I find impressive, we have heard it many times that he puts the work/time in.

Seems to be enjoying the challenge, would be a good one to win that 8th championship on.

I think he has a huge motivation to get that 8th championship and be undisputedly the greatest F1 driver of all time (in terms of actual stats/achievements). I'm sure he knows it will be a long time before anyone ever gets 9 championships too (unless he does it himself) :D

Man of Honour
I think he has a huge motivation to get that 8th championship and be undisputedly the greatest F1 driver of all time (in terms of actual stats/achievements). I'm sure he knows it will be a long time before anyone ever gets 9 championships too (unless he does it himself) :D

Huge motivation, but with no pressure - the pressure is all on Max to prove himself. Not only is Hamilton an incredible talent, he’s also been paired with some fantastic drivers that have had strengths of their own that he’s drawn on. Rosberg turned him into a beast - the moment he lost the championship he never switched off again.

I only have huge respect for what he’s achieved and he’s done it pretty fairly and in the face of a fair bit of adversity initially - I’ll never forget some of the banners the supporters used to bring and I’m not sure the FIA was any less racist than some of those fans at the time, they certainly made some questionable decisions.

Caporegime
Huge motivation, but with no pressure - the pressure is all on Max to prove himself. Not only is Hamilton an incredible talent, he’s also been paired with some fantastic drivers that have had strengths of their own that he’s drawn on. Rosberg turned him into a beast - the moment he lost the championship he never switched off again.

I only have huge respect for what he’s achieved and he’s done it pretty fairly and in the face of a fair bit of adversity initially - I’ll never forget some of the banners the supporters used to bring and I’m not sure the FIA was any less racist than some of those fans at the time, they certainly made some questionable decisions.

Yeh, i think the Rosberg championship turned him up to 11. He realised he needed to be even better and he managed it (even though I think Rosberg was pretty fortunate to win that title).

Also, just how good a decision was it to dump Mclaren and move to Mercedes! None of this would have happened if he hadn't done that.

Back
Top Bottom