Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Caporegime
Thats the big issue with Tesla cars, the materials and build quality are iffy. Now the rest have caught up they are better alternatives for the money for every car in the Tesla range yet hes still confident that 1 out of every 2 cars sold in the Western world will be a Tesla by 2030 and the shareholders believe him.

Soldato
Thats the big issue with Tesla cars, the materials and build quality are iffy. Now the rest have caught up they are better alternatives for the money for every car in the Tesla range yet hes still confident that 1 out of every 2 cars sold in the Western world will be a Tesla by 2030 and the shareholders believe him.
What better alternatives? In terms of performance there's only the taycan, everything else is quite slow (relativly). I'm thinking model 3/s for comparison.

Soldato
What better alternatives? In terms of performance there's only the taycan, everything else is quite slow (relativly). I'm thinking model 3/s for comparison.

To be honest I’m finding the performance only significantly better at low speed (as expected) but it’s quite inconsistent, I have loads of overtaking punch regardless but there’s an unknown amount compared to my car which is far more consistent in the power delivered against throttle demand. In the wet the grip is still incredible and you do have a real awareness the car is pushing all of you back, not just head, which is a new experience - ive moved seat forward to compensate. Haven’t managed to find steering column adjust but have found the whoopee cushion... :cry:

I’ll stick some more charge in tonight as 50% but feels like it needs max battery more so than others for the full experience.

Soldato
For a car that does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds the interior is dull as ditchwater! It just doesn't seem premium at all... perhaps utilitarian is the look that they were going for. I hope it's better to drive than it is to look at!

Caporegime
It's not needed, but I was doing an accurate comparison, I'm trying to ignore suv/crossovers as they're a pointless class of car:cry:.

Rubbish to say they are pointless. Sorry

Anyway SUV ideal for EV. More height for the battery pack and the low down mass doesn’t impact the handling dynamics as much as ICE would.

Soldato
Rubbish to say they are pointless. Sorry

Anyway SUV ideal for EV. More height for the battery pack and the low down mass doesn’t impact the handling dynamics as much as ICE would.
I just don't see the pull compared to say a hatchback or an estate, but looking at the types of car on the road I guess I'm a minority :cry:. I agree batteries will lower the centre of gravity, but then that would be the same as for a normal height of car. Not sure why they'd have more comfort either. Ultimately you can't beat physics and they have more body roll than the equivalent hatchback/saloon version.

Back
Top Bottom