• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Paid £30 on FBMP for this and absolutely sucked in and blown away. this is a new genre of game for me and wish id discovered this sooner, been gaming far too long and this is the challenge I've been looking for!!

It is very good and likewise I'd never played a "souls" type game seriously until I tried it!

That's the point though. £70 at launch versus paying half that a few months later if you're willing to be patient!

Soldato
Paid £30 on FBMP for this and absolutely sucked in and blown away. this is a new genre of game for me and wish id discovered this sooner, been gaming far too long and this is the challenge I've been looking for!!
Ooh boy, you got some other good games to buy and play such as bloodborne and dark souls 3 etc. :D

People are waiting and hoping bloodborne gets a 60fps patch (might never happen) but I think dark souls 3 has an unlocked frame rate iirc at 60fps

Associate
I've just found out that ghost recon breakpoint runs at 60fps on the ps5. I don't have a copy yet, has anyone tried it and is it any good. I have seen multiple used copies for less than tenner so it might be my next purchase (I have only started division 2 this week but seems very good so far)

Soldato
I've just found out that ghost recon breakpoint runs at 60fps on the ps5. I don't have a copy yet, has anyone tried it and is it any good. I have seen multiple used copies for less than tenner so it might be my next purchase (I have only started division 2 this week but seems very good so far)

Terrible game, avoid.

Associate
Ooh boy, you got some other good games to buy and play such as bloodborne and dark souls 3 etc. :D

Man these games take some dedication to the learning curve, I'm 40 hrs into Demon Souls and level 41 after 3 restarts, not sure the wife will stick around if i dip into another souls game just yet but duly noted.

Soldato
Just an update on the repair/replacement process for controllers, sent my lad’s off to Sony about 10 days ago, and the replacement is being delivered today. Can’t fault that, especially in the current climate.

Soldato
Just an update on the repair/replacement process for controllers, sent my lad’s off to Sony about 10 days ago, and the replacement is being delivered today. Can’t fault that, especially in the current climate.

That’s pretty good I had a sticking triangle button on one of mine. Luckily Amazon agreed to swap it out but nice to know Sony are a decent option if any future problems materialise.

Soldato
That’s pretty good I had a sticking triangle button on one of mine. Luckily Amazon agreed to swap it out but nice to know Sony are a decent option if any future problems materialise.
Yep, it was a really smooth process too…phone them, chat to their staff, they then emailed a pre paid Royal Mail label.

edit - no requirement for proof of purchase. All they require is the serial number.

Pack the controller (only it, not the original box etc) and send it off. Trackable all the way there and back again (coming back with DPD)

Soldato
It's the reason I went for the disc console, at the very least I can trade/sell games I'm done with to take some of sting out of £70 games.

I have been lucky, I've kept my eye out on the market; and managed to get Demon's Souls and Sackboy for about £40 each sealed. At that sort of price I'm more than happy to pickup a few next gen titles. £70 does feel a bit too much for a single title though, no matter what Sony says to try and justify it. I realise the console is costing them a lot, but with console prices and lack of availability at an all time high; and every other platform charging less for new titles; it does make it a bit of a hard ask.

No way I'd have bought a digital only machine though; a large part of the incentive for me upgrading was the PS4 Pro-esque backwards compatibility library and the option to buy physical and resell if I want to; as well as PS exclusives being less likely to hit PC (even though a few recently have).

Digital is great for title like Animal Crossing on Switch which kinda 'lives with you' but for the majority of titles, physical still just feels better and gives you more options; especially as digital isn't any cheaper to offset the downsides.

Still keeping an eye out for a sealed copy of Miles Morales ultimate edition; I never got round to playing or picking up Spiderman on PS4, so really looking forward to playing both in the remastered forms.

Soldato
Just bought RE8 for £36.50 from Tesco and will pick up tomorrow, was going to get it on the PC but can live with that price and should get my money back selling it on.

--------------

I have not setup psvr on this yet but I take it you will have to disconnect it when you want to use anything that uses HDMI 2.1 bandwidth/features?

Associate
Hi I'm toying with the idea of a upgrading my monitor for my PC to an ultra wide 3440 x 1440. At the moment the PS5 is under the TV connected to an LG OLED. I don't fancy moving it to my PC desk the question is how will the PS5 display the image? Would it be wise just to get a 4k 120Hz monitor for a supported resolution? Second question anyone know of or have a 10m HDMI lead which would allow for this to work? :)

Soldato
Soldato
Any know how you can manage add on content on the ps5? Every time I go to the option to manage gsme content it just shows me a message like "there's currently x game add ons installed. Theres no other game content you can install". Great but what are they? What size? Can they be removed to free up space?

Pretty rubbish. On XSX and ps4 you can view all add ons, install, uninstall, download add ons etc etc.

Associate
Hi I'm toying with the idea of a upgrading my monitor for my PC to an ultra wide 3440 x 1440. At the moment the PS5 is under the TV connected to an LG OLED. I don't fancy moving it to my PC desk the question is how will the PS5 display the image? Would it be wise just to get a 4k 120Hz monitor for a supported resolution? Second question anyone know of or have a 10m HDMI lead which would allow for this to work? :)

And the answer right now is very badly unfortunately until Sony bring out 1440p support for the PS5! :)

Basically it'll drop to 1080p and you're monitor will have to upscale the image to fit which will look horrible.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/ps5-1440p-support-how-much-longer-do-we-have-to-wait

Some 1440p monitors will render at 4K and downscale to 1440p. My LG 27GL850 does and it looks great.

I’m sure there was a list on here somewhere. I don’t recall which thread it was in though.

Soldato
Some 1440p monitors will render at 4K and downscale to 1440p. My LG 27GL850 does and it looks great.

I’m sure there was a list on here somewhere. I don’t recall which thread it was in though.

That's a useful feature for 1440p monitors but ideally you'd want the device itself to detect and output to the correct resolution as it's likely to do a better job than the monitor's built-in scaling.

It's frustrating Sony don't support 1440p out of the box given how common a monitor resolution it is.

Associate
That's a useful feature for 1440p monitors but ideally you'd want the device itself to detect and output to the correct resolution as it's likely to do a better job than the monitor's built-in scaling.

It's frustrating Sony don't support 1440p out of the box given how common a monitor resolution it is.

I agree. I’m happy with the image quality downscaled from 4K but with how common it is for people to run gaming consoles from their monitors the exclusion of 1440p seems a bit odd. I’m not sure I’d have been happy with upscaled 1080p. My circumstances mean I’ve had to give up my 65” 4K TV and use my monitor as my sole display. I can’t be the only person in that position and the list of monitors that will accept a 4K signal from the PS5 and downscale to 1440p was quite small.

I suspect 1440p isn’t a common resolution in Japan given how little of the Japanese gaming market is comprised of PC gamers. The Series X can output at 1440p which may swing someone towards an Xbox, though if they already have a decent gaming PC the PS5 is the obvious companion to that as I’ve done.

Back
Top Bottom