Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [7th - 13th May 2021]

Don
They are 100th choice for a reason.

Both the CBS we signed in January to help during an injury crisis are injured :cry::cry:

That's the wrong sub for me. Salah should always stay on unless injured.

absolutely

cant believe that was Thiago's 1st goal

as bad as we are with injury returns we are prob only 3 (1st team) players from a title challenging side

Don
Thought we played fairly well up until the first goal then we just stopped playing. Although he had a couple of saves to make, I think saying he kept us in the game was a bit ott - they didn't really have any clear chances, needing him to make a save you didn't expect him to. Because of what happened in the previous couple of games it probably felt worse than it actually was.

The lack of energy in midfield, particularly in the 2nd half of games is a concern. Henderson's quietly gone from missing 4-6 weeks to being out for the rest of the season & Milner keeps picking up small knocks leaving us playing the same 3-4 midfielders each and every week and it's showing. Thiago looks like hes running in treacle after 75 mins of games and Wijnaldum's running on fumes. Hopefully Milner is back soon because it's clear that Klopp doesn't trust Ox or Keita right now.

Caporegime
I love Thiago, his passing range is incredible, but he looks like a square peg in a round hole in this side. He doesn't have the pace nor the stamina to press as often as we need and he's a massive liability in and around our box. He might be offered more freedom when Henderson's back but I think we look weaker as a team when he's playing atm.

Soldato
Watching MOTD. Rhys Williams is god awful.

Thiago is important in my opinion. He's the evolution from fast pressing play where we rely heavily on full backs and winning the ball high up the pitch, to also being able to control the play and move well through midfield. He may detract slightly from the pressing side, but I'd hope that with Hendo and Fabinho fully fit and playing in the right position, and with a signing who can rotate in for them, will help a lot. Jones and Thiago can rotate as the forward thinking midfielder, and Fab, Hendo, and I'd hope a new signing or two can do the pressing duties

Soldato
Any club who are looking at sacking their manager or need a new one have to be looking at Potter surely. Brighton play some really good football

Back
Top Bottom